Window DVD single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
The tracklisting says 3 tracks: Window, Saints, Tower of Song.

But can anyone confirm whether this format includes the video of ALL 3 tracks or is Window just an audio track.

WTF? Why is the actual single itself the only one to lack a video?

topplehatU2 said:
To keep it mysterious.

:lol:

It especially surprises me that there's no video given the effort that's gone into making the two that have been released online. Weird.

discothequeLP said:
tower of song?

Leonard Cohen cover the band did in 2005.

rsdegeest said:
Window is definately an audio track, the other two tracks are the video's.

cheers, Rob

That's disappointing but not unexpected. It follows the trend for the HTDAAB releases where the DVD single featured the previous single not the current one (which I always thought was a stupid idea).

But with U2's next single probably a year or 2 away, it means we will have to wait til then - or worse, the next best-of collection!

They could have filled that dvd-single with so much beautiful stuff, including one of the Window video's (or both).
Guess the video's weren't ready in time, but it would have been better than to postpone release with a month...

At least with the HTDAAB singles we got al the video's in the end...except for the two versions of OOTS...

I feel like the mess that has been the last few months might make the band steer away from a quick album release this year. I've always been optimistic about a 2007 date, but if they can't even release a best of single in a sensible way than I don't think that they'll throw together an album so quickly.

...at least i hope not

Them not releasing the WITS video on one of the THREE (3) 2+1 singles and the DVD!!!! and............U218 Videos....well, it sickens me!

well, even worse, they didn't even release the Saints are Coming video on the U218 video's DVD. It contains the live version from new Orleans. They kind of made up for that by releasing the video on the WITS DVD single, but it's weird that the U218 dvd doesnt have the video's for their last two singles.

I'm all for new material, I like the new stuff but if they do it, i'd like to see them do it right. And i'm not trying to be negative here. I love the tracklisting for the WITS singles. Great stuff.

Axver said:
WTF? Why is the actual single itself the only one to lack a video?

The same reason they have two other versions of the single out

££££££££££££££££
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
:ker-chiiing:

PookaMacP said:

I think that chart rules state that a single can have a maximum of 3 tracks, and can't be over a certain length. (Hence Bad/Streets/40 bundled together I think)

I don't think that's true at all, unless there are some new rules. Plenty of U2's previous singles have had 4 or more tracks.

Axver said:

I don't think that's true at all, unless there are some new rules. Plenty of U2's previous singles have had 4 or more tracks.

I've just checked http://www.theofficialcharts.com/docs/NEW_Single_Chart_Rules_2007.pdf and I was wrong. The chart rules for the UK say no more than 4 tracks and no more than 25 minutes total. They also say 'Maximum of 2 video tracks permissible per format (subject to audio content)' so that maybe explains why there's only two videos, though it doesn't explain of course why Window in the Skies wasn't one of those videos.

Back
Top Bottom