Willie Williams's back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2achtung posted this :

Willie Williams, ? l'occasion d'un échange avec un de nos contacts sur le design de la scène de la future tournée de U2, a indiqué qu'il travaillait depuis 2 ans sur les projets de la prochaine scène.

"I think you will be quite pleased when you see what we are planning for the next tour. We have been working on the idea for two years already".

:hyper:

With the relative simplicity of the last two productions, I wonder if this means another stage setup of epic proportions? :hmm:

hahahaha i remember when there were rumors about the vertigo tour how it was supposed to be the biggest thing ever with CRAZY effects and tons of money put into it and it turned out to be like the elevation tour (which i don't mind at all) but i remember hearing rumors about how this tour was going to be bigger then even Zoo TV and POPMART LOL. So my point is, I don't believe the hype, probably will be an awesome tour like the last too but may be stripped down I am sure.

hahahaha i remember when there were rumors about the vertigo tour how it was supposed to be the biggest thing ever with CRAZY effects and tons of money put into it and it turned out to be like the elevation tour (which i don't mind at all) but i remember hearing rumors about how this tour was going to be bigger then even Zoo TV and POPMART LOL. So my point is, I don't believe the hype, probably will be an awesome tour like the last too but may be stripped down I am sure.

Is this the source you were thinking about?

While the Elevation tour was about getting back to basics, the Vertigo tour will be about spectacle. A source has revealed to The Mirror that U2’s tour will employ five video screens, a huge sound system, more than 3,000 lights (probably 2,000 will light Bono alone), and — get this! — special effects designed by some of the world’s top magicians. Images of Larry being sawed in half and Edge pulling a rabbit out of his beanie are popping into our head.

All of this spectacle will come to us fans at great expense to the band. It will cost a reported EUR1million (US$1.3 million) a night to stage the show.

http://u2log.com/archive/2005/02/the_magical_mystery_tour.php

Is this the source you were thinking about?

Yeah, I remember reading about the magicians and thinking: "Great, David Copperfield is opening up for U2"

If you judge their potential tour plans by the current interviews and rumors then you would think that they're going straight to stadiums (which I hate) That might mean a huge spectacle. Hopefully I'm wrong because all of the stadium tours I've seen them in have paled in comparison to each of their arena tours. Hopefully they'll STAY in arenas.

For Vertigo, weren't they going to do something with some kind of 3D sound? Where they'd be able to have the sound come from different places in the hall?

:yes: I remember them doing tests in a restaurant that had waiters looking over their shoulders.

And with the Beijing opening ceremony we saw how the LED screen animation has advanced...

Bonoismymuse: You don't work on something small scale for 2 years right ? :hmm:

Maybe instead of light curtains we'll get light venetian blinds.

Good idea :lol:

But seriously, I loved those light curtains. I hope they bring them back for the next tour, even if some fans will complain because it's not innovative enough and not new anymore.

I'd love him doing a diary again, definitely one of the best parts of the site!

For Vertigo, weren't they going to do something with some kind of 3D sound? Where they'd be able to have the sound come from different places in the hall?

Kinda - It was an audio spotlight, it could project audio to a set target. I have experienced it at a couple of art gallery's, you can't hear anything - then you step on a certain spot and the sound beams down.

They had talked about the sound of a jet wizzing past you for the Vertigo tour. From memory the product was still not advanced enough and the idea abandoned.

This was the company U2 had discussions with - it looks like the concept has now advanced quite a bit! http://www.holosonics.com

It's interesting they can reverberate the audio spotlight off mirrors like light... now all they'd need is a huge mirrorball... in the shape of a lemon... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom