will SOA be as good as NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
do u guys think SOA (whenever it comes out) will be as good/better/worse that NLOTH

It is really hard for me to believe it will be better than NLOTH or as good. NLOTH is prob my third favorite U2 album (if SUC was gone and something interesting was put in its place it would prob be number 2 for me or a tie for number 1) and the defined all odds and put out something that was interesting and better than any album they had made in the past 10 arguably 15 years.

I guess I have low expectations for SOA as i just seems like they cant do it again but - plus it seems as NLOTH was not the seller they wanted it to be maybe we will never get an experimental interesting album out of them again

but i had low expectations for NLOTH based on HTDAAB so i guess we will have to wait and see.

right, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

perhaps if we had just done that we wouldn't have needed this thread, right?

Yeah, this topic fits into the existing SOA thread that is dedicated to all SOA news and speculation.

i don't even think the new album will be titled "SOA", so i guess the answer would be "no" then.

wow Mr. attitude USA lol

make no mistake, Mr. Zoomerang is our resident compassionate conservative and he is also a charter member of "Bono's Little NeoCon's." Not only is he a solid supporter of ALL wars, but he is also a staunch campaigner for "wars beyond borders" which is a grass roots organization formed with the intent to expand and globalize the war efforts. His efforts have earned him a visit from the Pope and the occasional call in to Rush Limbaugh's radio show, also he once spat in the face of Fox News personality Shepard Smith and called him a "gutless liberal panzy." For recreation he likes to go on hunting trips with Dick Cheney and throw back a few cases of PBR with Anne Coulter, while reminiscing about the good ole days when Presidents were all white, conservative, and christian.

:hug:

Hmm..well considering the possibility of the album coming before the tour is slowly dwindling...they're probably gonna trash everything they have now or shelve it (ala Rick Rubin sessions) so....who knows?

Here's my bold prediction:

Some will like it, some will love it, and some will hate it.

And some will sign on right around the time of release to troll.

Put this in stone, for it is the word.

Hmm..well considering the possibility of the album coming before the tour is slowly dwindling...they're probably gonna trash everything they have now or shelve it (ala Rick Rubin sessions) so....who knows?[/QU

This is the ONLY scenario that seems likely to me. Fall 2012 at the earliest!

no matter what happens, if the fans like it or hate it, I hope that bono is ok, and doesn't lie. I also hope that Adam stops stealing.

I'm supposed to judge whether or not an album that may never be released will appeal to you to a greater degree than NLOTH?

Well, at least it's more challenging than the games in OOC.

Wow. This has to be the most pointless thread of the year 2010.

How would it matter what we THINK right now? We haven't even heard a single song off the new album, and it's not even finished. What's the point in THINKING it MAY possibly be better/worse/equal than NLOTH? :huh: There's no discussion possible here because it's opinions on something nonexistant.

Only thing that I can predict is that track 7 of "SOA" will be better than track 7 of NLOTH.:wink:

The real question is: how do you think the album after SOA will compare to SOA?

Back
Top Bottom