Will.i.am worked with U2 on new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burningedge101

The Fly
This from Billboard.com:

"He's [Will.i.am] worked on material for expected upcoming releases by Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and the Pussycat Dolls' Nicole Scherzinger and was recently in London working with U2 ("I'm not supposed to talk about that," he says) and has a role in the X-Men prequel "X Men Origins: Wolverine," which is due out in 2009."

This is completely fine as long as he didn't lay down vocals.

He plays a few instruments: keyboards, bass, clavinet, drums, piano. So hopefully that's where the input comes from...

Hopefully the word "working" is used loosely and he was really just there listening to the mixing process; who knows, they've made some poor collaborative choices a couple times before.

You moan when u2 dont change there 00 sound and you moan when they look as if they might spice things up.

We dont even know if they have recorded anything.

Hey, if he's there to mix or remix that's fine by me. I've always wondered what U2 would sound produced or mixed by Kanye or Dre or somebody...not that Will.I.Am is Kanye or Dre, but it's some different ears. It could produce something good so I'll reserve my judgment until anything comes of it.

There was a article some weeks ago featuring an interview with Will.I.Am where he said he visited Bono in his French home. No word about "working". I hope it's nothing, not even remixes. :huh:

Sounds like a remix to me. Didn't they say they were somewhat influenced by D'Angelo on some songs? Working with someone like Will.i.am for a remix isn't too far fetched. It seems like U2 always seems to hire the producers/DJs/etc. of the day to remix their stuff. It's like dropping names for them.

I'm not a huge will.i.am fan.
But really... if you look at some of the stuff he's done with John Legend - Ordinary People, Save Room, Coming Home, etcc - you'll see that will has some abilities beyond sugary hip-hop.

I wouldn't mind the band getting his input on some mixes/remixes or even getting him to lay down some instrumental stuff for them.

But I agree... no singing. Or actual appearance on any track.

Back
Top Bottom