Will.i.am worked with U2 on new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe he taught Bono how to hologram himself

imagine that for the new tour... Bono there, and there, and there... amazing :hyper:

They could tour the whole world in a week! :hyper:

Get Edge, Adam and Larry holograms too.

please God no!
Black Eyed Peas are the most annoying "group" of the decade, and that's saying a great deal.

I only got thru the first two pages of mostly idiocy. Will.i.am is a talented musician. I'm pretty sure his palette of skills, and musical tastes, range further than hip hop.

But way to add fodder to future Temple Bar titles, gang.

Kanye also thinks he's better than, like, Mozart, so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

148041.williamkanyeblog.jpg

The most confirmed of all rumors. Kanye-style.

I'm guessing it'll be some type of remix. I doubt U2 are going to actually roll with Will.i.am over Danny L and Brian Eno. Maybe it'll be fun.

I only got thru the first two pages of mostly idiocy. Will.i.am is a talented musician. I'm pretty sure his palette of skills, and musical tastes, range further than hip hop.

But way to add fodder to future Temple Bar titles, gang.

But you have forgotten that hip-hop music is ONE OF THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE!

EVERYONE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cookiemonsterxo1.gif

I'm guessing it'll be some type of remix. I doubt U2 are going to actually roll with Will.i.am over Danny L and Brian Eno. Maybe it'll be fun.

From your lips to God's ears...because if it's anything other than remixes I would fear we would be getting back into HTDAAB territory again with multiple producers for 1 album...not a good thing

From your lips to God's ears...because if it's anything other than remixes I would fear we would be getting back into HTDAAB territory again with multiple producers for 1 album...not a good thing

Given that we've heard nothing else of any other producers for the past 2 years, and that Eno/Lanois have spent time in Fez & Dublin & London with them, and that Lanois and Eno have been in the U2.com clips, and that Eno and Lanois are helping with the song writing.... I don't think you, or anybody, should be terribly concerned.

I don't care what anyone says... I'm excited about this. U2 are very meticulous in the studio and surround themselves with many smart people, so I don't think they'll be doing anything that'll embarrass themselves.

At the very least, we can say the record won't be boring. We could say they're pandering to the masses, but not boring. I'm excited :shrug:

This has to be for Spiderman or for one track only or something else but there is no way that he is "producing" the album.
Oh God.
Why?
Someone talk me off this ledge.
Please be a wacky internet rumor like when we heard Puff Daddy was remixing some Pop stuff.
Please God!!!!

Not sure if anyone posted this elsewhere...

Kanye West says Will.I.Am producing new U2 album
U2 7
He blogs that the Black Eyed Pea is working with Bono and co.

Dec 8, 2008
0 Comments
U2 news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add U2 to MyNME
Kanye West has taken to his blog to break news about the new U2 album.

According to West, Black Eyed Peas man Will.I.Am is producing some material on the new record, which has been delayed until next year.

In his usual caps–filled post style, West writes:

“WILL I AM IS PRODUCING ON U2's NEXT ALBUM. I'M SURE IT WILL BE DOPE AS SHIT JUDGING FROM THE CRAZY BEATS HE'S DONE IN THE PAST 3 YEARS!”

The follow up to 2004’s ‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’ was due to come out this year, but in September The Edge told NME.COM that the band were “still writing and we're trying to take it to the next level."

Last month, Interscope-Geffen-A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine said he met with the band, who told him the album was two songs short, so the release date was adjusted to give them time to work on those tracks.

The band’s long-time producer Daniel Lanois said that that “rock 'n' roll has been reinvented one more time" on the record, rumoured to be called 'No Line On The Horizon'.

Brian Eno has also contributed production to the album, which is due early next year.

Kanye West says Will.I.Am producing new U2 album | News | NME.COM

Yeah, it was already posted on the last page. At least read a FEW of the previous pages before posting "new" information. ;)

Yeah, it was already posted on the last page. At least read a FEW of the previous pages before posting "new" information. ;)

I checked the last couple pages, but I was looking for a larger post than just the link that was posted by GirlsAloud.

Uh, all these rumours are surrounding me! :sad:

Imagine a U2 album with him rapping on it. :no: Thank god that won't happen. :|

And no hip hop sounding songs PLEASE! :angry:

Wait wait-

So there's one story that says Will.I.Am visited Bono & U2.

That same story gets recycled and now Will.I.Am, and not Danny Lanois & Eno are producing the album.

Kayne said on his blog that it will be dope as shit. He might know something more than we do, or maybe he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

So now other "websites" and "blogs" are picking up saying that Will I Am is producing the album? LOL. And you guys believe it? even bigger LOL.

he maybe is helping on a track or a remix. Lanois and Eno are producing your album. I swear, anything can get interference in a tizzy.

I heard Katy Perry is involved in the album...

Back
Top Bottom