Will.i.am worked with U2 on new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I highly doubt that he had more than a fart sniff in Bono's wake, but he's still about the most talentless hack I could possibly name in popular music.

I guess the guy is just having delusions of grandeur because Bono let him have some pieces from his lavish buffet in Eze.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

I would prefer Will.i.am stayed far, far away from my beloved U2.

But I will reserve actual judgment until I learn what he really did (if anything) and hear the album.

I would have to say that some of the most annoying songs I have ever heard are by the Black Eyed Peas. U2 shouldn't let any of them within a mile of their studio. :down:

Well it could be like Mick Jagger with Stuck in a moment and then it goes to the cutting room floor. :hmm:

I'm sure there are going to be some surprises on this new record. I'm mainly jazzed because of the beach clips.

I actually don't think he was doing anything involved with their album. I think they were probably recording a song with him (like the MJB ditty) for his own solo shindig.

Let's hope he is just watching what they're doing not working with them

:huh:

black eye pea?

I thought they were making a sort of ...YEah YEah yeah album

this thread had me cracking up.

about will.i.am, i hope its not true, he is awful. but at the same time, if u2 are really on a different sound, why not shake it up?

Hopefully there is very little truth to this story. Aside from even working with that fool, U2 shouldn't even be in the same vicinity as him. Shite he is if you ask me....

oh boooo--hoooo hooooo so U2 might.. MIGHT have worked with Will.I.Am and many of you don't like him... So what?? U2 are trying something different why not wait until you hear the music befor crying out about how its the worst news and the end of the world because Will.I.Am might have worked with U2.

Sheesh could we stop complaining about non-facts until they are facts and until we listened to the music please?? is that too much to aks?????:doh::mad:

What's so bad about Will.i.am? I think BEP was not bad until Fergie joined the fray and turned BEP into Fergie and the Cashgrabbers. He's been around a long time, and I think given a chance to work on mixes for a talented band like U2 he'd be an asset, considering the production experience he has, and the different outlook he'd bring. I mean... he won't be playing to any of his own motives or calling the shots... and Fergie won't be within a 5000 mile radius (hopefully) at any time, so I say, why not?

He's the worst of the worst.
Goes without saying, really.

If this is what U2 thinks is 'hip'...

I’d love to see them muck around – either on the album or remixes etc – with some of the really brilliant hip-hop producers out there (can you imagine the sounds of another U2 and Eno left field thing worked through by someone like, say, RjD2?), but Will.I.Am is as far from brilliant as you can get really. He’s a tight pop producer, that’s about it. Unfortunately, it fits with the kind of collaborations U2 are into recently so I wouldn’t be laughing this one out of the room straight away.

No problem man, I'm glad someone else got the reference. I had CNN on in the background all day after he did that whole stunt at the Obama rally and all I heard for like 20 hours was how friggin amazing it was and how cool it was. Drove me f-ing crazy!!!

It was pretty cool, but probably a huge waste of money, and a weird choice of who to feature the technology with.

Back
Top Bottom