Wide Awake in Europe DISCUSSION ONLY - No Email Requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love how predictable they are... it's always:

"why would I sell something so awesome???"

then it's:

"it wasn't me, how could it be!"

then finally, it's:

"this forum blows, you guys suck, I'm outta here!"

Finally got my package from Vintage Vinyl today, so a few Vinyls have now made their way to Germany :) Had to pick it up from customs though and pay a little extra in fees but it's worth it.

One of my numbers is 0111 which I think is kinda cool :wink: And another is 0032 which is one of the lowest I have seen so far, so I'm really happy despite waiting and paying extra :up:

It looks like the prices for the EP are going down on eBay, I see several with a buy it now price of 47 dollars.

Still a mark-up, but not as ridiculous as the first day it was available.

i didnt even see that you ass
this site blows. im out of here

30906_128509680498142_118330578182719_363657_8133738_n.jpg

I don't know if it's the place I'm in with my life right now (unemployed for 7 months being evicted from my apartment on Dec 31), or the incredible performance, but thanks to this release I'm found a new found appreciation for Moment of Surrender. For some reason this song hits me in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. I liked it on the album and all, but there's something else with the live version of this song and I really don't know what it is. I didn't get this same effect from other bootlegs or even the Rose Bowl performance, but this one just connected with me.

That's what I love about this band, I can appreciate songs well after they're released originally. I needed this right now, thanks U2.

I don't know if it's the place I'm in with my life right now (unemployed for 7 months being evicted from my apartment on Dec 31), or the incredible performance, but thanks to this release I'm found a new found appreciation for Moment of Surrender. For some reason this song hits me in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. I liked it on the album and all, but there's something else with the live version of this song and I really don't know what it is. I didn't get this same effect from other bootlegs or even the Rose Bowl performance, but this one just connected with me.

That's what I love about this band, I can appreciate songs well after they're released originally. I needed this right now, thanks U2.

Happy to hear Steve. A man with your charisma and sense of humour is bound to land on his feet :)

Good luck buddy

Finally got my package from Vintage Vinyl today, so a few Vinyls have now made their way to Germany :) Had to pick it up from customs though and pay a little extra in fees but it's worth it.

One of my numbers is 0111 which I think is kinda cool :wink: And another is 0032 which is one of the lowest I have seen so far, so I'm really happy despite waiting and paying extra :up:

My Vintage Vinyl order came today too! :applaud:

I was able to find one at a record store as well on Friday - so I have my copies. If I sell one, I certainly won't advertise it here. eBay is bad enough. :lol:

All of my numbers, interestingly enough, are in the 5000's. Makes one wonder if numbers were grouped by country or region?

I can relate. Often U2 has seemed in sync with my life and thoughts. I realize it's me applying myself to their music, but it just seems odd how well they have fit over the decades. No other artist has done that.

With regards to MOS - I love that song now. When I first heard it on NLOTH, I liked it but didn't love it. It grew on me. I now consider it a U2 masterpiece and hope it remains in their setlist for years to come (even though it wasn't a single or a "hit").

As for you, personally, Steved, I wish you the best during this difficult period. I am fortunate to still have a job, but I am very empathetic to those who are without. One can see the government is trying (and really, I don't think the results would be different if Republicans were fully in charge all this time), but this recession hit it a different way. It wasn't just a slow-down, rather, it was a shift. Old jobs are forever gone - not just temporarily as they were in the past. Some of this is due to out-sourcing, some due to technology, some due to shifts in the industry. As a result, new jobs will have to be created. Trouble is, that hasn't happened yet.

I hope you still have unemployment and a place where you can go.

the live ver. is 100x better than the album ver. that song also holds a lot of weight with me......when I saw the band back in Phoenix of last year, my sister and I had to leave early. While walking to the car, MOS started to play and I told my sister that I need to stop and listen to a little bit of it before we left.

So since I'm a total nerd and have compulsive tendencies, I had to made a proper cardboard sleeve for the CD I burned of the audio from this vinyl. Just thought I'd share.... :wave:

waie_cardboard_sleeve.jpg

So since I'm a total nerd and have compulsive tendencies, I had to made a proper cardboard sleeve for the CD I burned of the audio from this vinyl. Just thought I'd share.... :wave:

waie_cardboard_sleeve.jpg

sweet! Got pix of the back side? Did you use the same artwork there?

I can relate. Often U2 has seemed in sync with my life and thoughts. I realize it's me applying myself to their music, but it just seems odd how well they have fit over the decades. No other artist has done that.

With regards to MOS - I love that song now. When I first heard it on NLOTH, I liked it but didn't love it. It grew on me. I now consider it a U2 masterpiece and hope it remains in their setlist for years to come (even though it wasn't a single or a "hit").

As for you, personally, Steved, I wish you the best during this difficult period. I am fortunate to still have a job, but I am very empathetic to those who are without. One can see the government is trying (and really, I don't think the results would be different if Republicans were fully in charge all this time), but this recession hit it a different way. It wasn't just a slow-down, rather, it was a shift. Old jobs are forever gone - not just temporarily as they were in the past. Some of this is due to out-sourcing, some due to technology, some due to shifts in the industry. As a result, new jobs will have to be created. Trouble is, that hasn't happened yet.

I hope you still have unemployment and a place where you can go.

I wasn't crazy about it at first either, but now the song is a masterpiece for me. I can't get enough of the live version.. the arrangement, all the layers, the passion in the singing.

Everything tends to work out in the end so hopefully that trend will continue and my unemployment will be extended, or I'll find a job and a new place.

Did ya receive it already? :angry: The mailman in your city should be fired if not!

I didn't. :angry: He came around today at last. But ofcourse, since there was nobody home from 9 till 1 he HAD to come by then. :doh: So yeah, still no vinyl. Hopefully there'll be someone home tomorrow.

The WAIE I ordered online from Zia Records over a week ago FINALLY arrived today. I can see why it took so dang long. Zia's used UPS Mail Innovations to ship it out. I know from past experience having things shipped to me using this service, they're as fast as the old Pony Express. I ordered something online from a compnay in Salt Lake City a few months ago. It took over a week for it to get here to Phoenix. Normally should only take a couple days. Everything shipped using UPS MI goes first to the regional UPS MI hub, usually sits in the hub a day or two, is sent to the destination city and then handed off to USPS for delivery. Zia's shipped my album from Phoenix and should have taken 1 day to arrive. Instead, cuz they used UPS MI, it was sent all the way to the UPS MI hub S. California, then sent all the way back to Phoenix. Talk about an inefficient delivery method! Well I'm just glad it made it here finally.

Did anyone order from the The Record Exchange?
My order says it shipped Nov.26 but it still hasn't arrived.:crack:

Edit to say no tracking number available.

Back
Top Bottom