Wide Awake in Europe DISCUSSION ONLY - No Email Requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have people received their copies from Vintage Vinyl yet? I did get a copy in a store, but before I found said store, I ordered a copy too. The store said my item was "processed" in a recent e-mail, but I have not yet received it. Of course, if, in theory, the store just received them for sale on Friday, it may be on its way. But I'm just curious if Vintage Vinyl is indeed delivering for all the orders they received.

Have people received their copies from Vintage Vinyl yet? I did get a copy in a store, but before I found said store, I ordered a copy too. The store said my item was "processed" in a recent e-mail, but I have not yet received it. Of course, if, in theory, the store just received them for sale on Friday, it may be on its way. But I'm just curious if Vintage Vinyl is indeed delivering for all the orders they received.

A lot of us who ordered from there did receive them a few days ago. I also see some that were mail ordered from there on that website that is registering them. Did you get a tracking number notice yet? I was able to track mine through the USPS as soon as it was sent.

My order from them has had the following different status over the past 4 weeks:

Pending
Paid
On Hold
Shipping Paid
Pre-order
Processing

I also had an email from the store confirming my copy would be shipped "within a week" which was 7 days ago.

So it sounds like yours is doing better than mine (processed vs processing).

A lot of us who ordered from there did receive them a few days ago. I also see some that were mail ordered from there on that website that is registering them. Did you get a tracking number notice yet? I was able to track mine through the USPS as soon as it was sent.

I checked my e-mail and realized that I did get a "shipped" e-mail from them with the USPS tracking number. :applaud: However, per the USPS site, it states that it just left the New Jersey station on Sunday (!) and that it is in route. Not sure why there is the delay, but hopefully it will come later this week.

I checked my e-mail and realized that I did get a "shipped" e-mail from them with the USPS tracking number. :applaud: However, per the USPS site, it states that it just left the New Jersey station on Sunday (!) and that it is in route. Not sure why there is the delay, but hopefully it will come later this week.

I bet it will :) I just remembered that that was the last update mine had too before it showed up at my door in San Diego, CA.

I"m also waiting for mine from Zia, though I've received an email that it shipped last week..maybe Friday? I imagine it should come this week.

I ordered at vintage vinyl, i got shipped last week , and it probably arrived yesterday but I wasn´t home :doh: Can´t beieve it!
Today I´m still at work , and they are probably returning it again! So I keep missing it.

I just got my copy! So yours should arive sooner than later.

:grumpy: Make that tomorrow. The mailman has already been around and the packages delivery happens between 10 and 4. Lucky bastard.

I got this from VV:
Your order has been shipped 11/26/10, Customs #LJ 654 598 795 US
What does that customs thing mean?? I live in Belgium (Europe) had to pay 11+15 shipping: 26 dollars. Does this mean it's being offered to customs?? If so I'll have to pay an additional 12 euro's about 15 dollars, for just letting them touch it...
Everything under 22 euro's is free of import taxes, so I should be safe for this I guess.

EDIT: found it, could track it with the number..;still a bit worried about those damn customs...they are horrible here in Belgium.

To Utoo and Niceman -

I emailed Zia yesterday and they replied with tracking information today. It looks like I'll be getting mine today in the mail at some point, so if you shoot them an email I'm sure they'll reply. But it does look like they should be en route soon for you guys.

I got this from VV:
Your order has been shipped 11/26/10, Customs #LJ 654 598 795 US
What does that customs thing mean?? I live in Belgium (Europe) had to pay 11+15 shipping: 26 dollars. Does this mean it's being offered to customs?? If so I'll have to pay an additional 12 euro's about 15 dollars, for just letting them touch it...
Everything under 22 euro's is free of import taxes, so I should be safe for this I guess.

EDIT: found it, could track it with the number..;still a bit worried about those damn customs...they are horrible here in Belgium.

Where can you track it? I got a shipping number as well but they didn't mention where to track it. :lol: Phail.

To Utoo and Niceman -

I emailed Zia yesterday and they replied with tracking information today. It looks like I'll be getting mine today in the mail at some point, so if you shoot them an email I'm sure they'll reply. But it does look like they should be en route soon for you guys.

Thanks. In that case, I'll try to be patient until Friday and give it a chance.

I googled and found this:
Post/EMS tracking - track-trace
it worked..just mentioned it has been sent at 26th nov somewhere in the us.
Nothing more yet...probably still on it's way to my country.

Ah thanks!

Your item was processed through and left our KEARNY, NJ 07099 facility on November 26, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Hm. Yeah, that's not very clear anyway. :lol:

My copy from Ideal Copy showed up. Number 2011 - I was wondering if it would be a low number! I guess it's lower than the others I picked up. :wink:

^

So close to having one of the most valuable copies Corri!

I am no collector pro, but I would imagine the most valuable ones would be first, last, middle, interesting numbers (1000, 1111), and the year it was made.

Yeah like I said I'm not worried about it either. I'm glad to have a copy. And I did think it sounded like a problem in manufacturing since I couldn't see anything wrong with the disc. You having the same problem kind of confirms that. Since many people aren't actually playing their copies, it's possible there are a lot more out there.

Mine skips on the beginning of IGCIIDGCT. There appears to be a very small dent in the vinyl around that place. There is no dent in the cover. Looks like a manufacturing defect. I guess there is no place to return it.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
To Utoo and Niceman -

Thanks! I was also able to order from beindependent.com for a friend. They emailed me with shipping info after I got the Zia email. The Independent Records copy for my buddy arrived today (#2199), and the Zia one is still out in the void. I don't doubt it'll be here soon, though.

U2 Wide Awake In Europe Vinyl

Pretty cheap low #0067 on ebay right now for really cheap! only a penny right now! Thats crazy! I'm gunna try and get it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom