Wide Awake in Europe DISCUSSION ONLY - No Email Requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wide Awake in Europe Available Here?

U2 - Wide Awake in America [Single] in Music: at JR.com

Check out this link..... It lists the vinyl as Wide Awake in America but the release date is Nov 2010 and the UPC number is exactly that of Wide Awake in Europe. Listed for just $9.99 and this store has been selling WAIE as someone has mentioned this on that site where people are registering their copies. No good to me as they won't ship outside U.S, but those who missed out could well land themselves a cheap copy

If someone does get lucky with this by the way, could you purchase me a copy and I'll cover all costs to get it over here! I've had orders cancelled from as far as Japan! I am almost certain this is definitely WAIE as it is even listed as a 'new product!'

Check out this link..... It lists the vinyl as Wide Awake in America but the release date is Nov 2010 and the UPC number is exactly that of Wide Awake in Europe. Listed for just $9.99 and this store has been selling WAIE as someone has mentioned this on that site where people are registering their copies. No good to me as they won't ship outside U.S, but those who missed out could well land themselves a cheap copy

Maybe they are re-releasing WAIA on vinyl...it does say original release date was 1985.

I bought my WAIE copy at J&R (that's my registration you're talking about) - I went to the actual store. I'm kinda doubtful they would have any left after yesterday! From what I could tell they did have at least 30 copies but there were probably at least 30 in line who wanted them, I was 18th in line and had ticket #15 for it, and the line was at least twice as long behind me as in front of me. And that was just within the first half hour of opening, so even if there were a couple left after the line was finished, there was the rest of the day to consider. So don't hold out too much hope - they probably DO mean Wide Awake in America, not Europe.

Performer: U2
Distributor: Universal Distribution

Notes: This includes live recordings and out-takes from the "Unforgettable Fire" tour and album, 1984-85. U2: Bono (vocals); Dave "The Edge" Evans (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums). Producers: Tony Visconti, U2, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois. Engineers include: Kevin Killen, Ron St. Germain, Paul Thomas. Put together as a follow-up to the phenomenally successful THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE, the EP WIDE AWAKE IN AMERICA captures two of that album's finest cuts as recorded live. While the studio version of "Bad" displayed U2's trademark whisper-to-a-scream structure, the slow burn is extended even further in the live arena. "A Sort Of Homecoming" is given the same over-the-top dramatic treatment. Throughout, Bono soars, evoking a drama of near-biblical proportions atop the studied, controlled intricacies of the Edge's effect-laden soundscapes. As a bonus, the EP includes two previously unreleased tracks from THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE sessions ("Three Sunrises" and the rootsier "Love Comes Tumbling"), breathing new life into what was already a classic rock album.

It is Wide Awake in America. Not Europe.

So now that the actual record is out there, I'm curious too see the liner notes and who produced the record etc.
Anyone willing to share this with us poor non-American and non-UK/Ireland citizens?

Inner sleeve is just blank white. Back cover says:

Recorded by Alistair McMillan, Release Production and Mixed by Declan Gaffney.

Mastered by Scott Sedillo at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Audio Post Production by Cheryl Engels at Partial Productions.

Photography by Aaron Harris, Sleeve Design by Shaughn McGrath at Amp Visual.

That's everything...

So I received my copy today from Vintage Vinyl. I am excited and happy to have one no doubt. However I was disappointed to find that IGCIIDGCT is unlistenable. It skips horribly. :sigh: I've checked the vinyl and can't see any visible flaws, and the stylus is nearly brand new. It skips in the exact same spots every time, and skips around 10 times I think. I'm bummed, but still happy to have a copy.

One thing I am wondering to hear from others who ordered from Vintage Vinyl. Was your copy sealed in shrink wrap? Mine was not.

Ack! Sorry to hear that, Bonocomet! :hug:

I ordered mine from Zia Records & haven't gotten it yet. I'm nervous...I decided to save money and have it shipped media mail, though now I'm majorly regretting it. Hopefully, it'll be in good shape...

just left silver platters in bellevue wa and they are completely sold out :| sorry guys, I tried to scoop more up with no luck.....they did say that they have another ten on order and they took my name down to call me once they come back in stock. :applaud:

...they did say that they have another ten on order and they took my name down to call me once they come back in stock. :applaud:

Hmmm...that'd be interesting...maybe a quick re-release of un-numbered albums. That way, the numbered ones become a collector's item, while the music itself becomes available to everyone. :hmm:

Oh wow.... they sent you an opened one! :O

Yep. :| Oh well. Honestly, I'm good after one listen. I think I saw someone mention this already but it is not the best sounding recording. I love listening to vinyl but this recording just doesn't sound all that good. I'm happily placing it on the shelf with the rest of my vinyl collection. I'm more a hands on, use and listen collector than a keep it in pristine condition collector, so with this sound recording being not the best listening material anyway, I'm fine. :)

just left silver platters in bellevue wa and they are completely sold out :| sorry guys, I tried to scoop more up with no luck.....they did say that they have another ten on order and they took my name down to call me once they come back in stock. :applaud:

It was very nice of you to try anyway. :up: :)

One thing I am wondering to hear from others who ordered from Vintage Vinyl. Was your copy sealed in shrink wrap? Mine was not.

I didn't get mine from Vintage Vinyl but mine wasn't shrink wrapped either, it was in a plastic sleeve...didn't they all come like that?

Thanks everyone :) That's exactly what I was wondering. So if they are all like that it wasn't actually an opened copy.

I received mine from Vintage Vinyl and it was in a plastic sleeve, (not shrink wrap).

The one that I bought at their actual store was packaged like that too.

Just a reminder to everyone looking, Vintage Vinyl will sell the extra copies not sold, in the store, if any, online starting Monday.

Back
Top Bottom