white as snow sucks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so they acknowledged their laziness?

its not fucking laziness. It is homage. It creates a duality to the song's meaning. It invokes alternate imagers in the respondant's head. You obviously don't listen to music to interact with it. You listen to music to hear pretty sounds.

They have another albums worth of material, they could easily have put something else on their. If they changed the melody slightly it would mean they were lazy because they would be hiding the fact that were stealing it.

its not fucking laziness. It is homage. It creates a duality to the song's meaning. It invokes alternate imagers in the respondant's head. You obviously don't listen to music to interact with it. You listen to music to hear pretty sounds.

They have another albums worth of material, they could easily have put something else on their. If they changed the melody slightly it would mean they were lazy because they would be hiding the fact that were stealing it.

I listen to songs probably alot more deeper than you or most people you know. That's entirely the problem with this. I have already attached significent meaning to the song "Oh come oh come Emmanuel". I can never listen to some bullshit cover version b/c that melody already means something to me. It would be like Jay-z taking "Bad" and rapping over it. It would ruin the interpretations, meanings, and experiences I've had listening to the song.

I listen to songs probably alot more deeper than you or most people you know. That's entirely the problem with this. I have already attached significent meaning to the song "Oh come oh come Emmanuel". I can never listen to some bullshit cover version b/c that melody already means something to me. It would be like Jay-z taking "Bad" and rapping over it. It would ruin the interpretations, meanings, and experiences I've had listening to the song.

That first sentence is utter nonsense. You have no fucking idea how I listen to music, how much music I've listened to and what FORMAL (that's right) qualification I have in music theory, the same goes for my friends. Just as I don;t know about you, and would not ever claim I know more if it wasn't for your inane and profunctory response.

If you don't want to listen to a 'bullshit cover version' don't.

That first sentence is utter nonsense. You have no fucking idea how I listen to music, how much music I've listened to and what FORMAL (that's right) qualification I have in music theory, the same goes for my friends. Just as I don;t know about you, and would not ever claim I know more if it wasn't for your inane and profunctory response.

If you don't want to listen to a 'bullshit cover version' don't.

1. This past post explains so much to me. It all becomes so clear now. You're one of those University chaps who has learned music theory, therefore anything you say about anything music-related has to be right because of your "qualifications". Hahaha. Someone who has simply grown up listening to music and hanging around with musicians simply cannot have an opinion. I get it bro, I've run into your types plenty of times.

2. I won't listen don't worry.

1. This past post explains so much to me. It all becomes so clear now. You're one of those University chaps who has learned music theory, therefore anything you say about anything music-related has to be right because of your "qualifications". Hahaha. Someone who has simply grown up listening to music and hanging around with musicians simply cannot have an opinion. I get it bro, I've run into your types plenty of times.

2. I won't listen don't worry.

1. No I'm not. I did social science majoring in politics at Uni. I now work for an Australian Government Minister. I AM a musician, and have grown up listening to music, playing in bands, and hanging out with other musicians and haven't done any formal music training. I said that to highlight the fact that you have no fucking idea who I am or what my background is, so you can;t make rediculous claims about how you listen to things in more detail than me.

2. It just breaks my heart

Why are you such a douche?

Jay-Z rapped over Sunday Bloody Sunday and it was pretty fucking good.:doh:

Still cant believe this threat:huh:

White as snow is as beautiful and as powerful in lyrics, i couldnt imagine the song not being on the album.. theres something about it i cant explain, if people dont like it, it is because they havent listen enough to the whole album, and with all the s*** going on in the world, a song like is heartbreaking!!

I'm starting to think that all of your posts are borderline bullshit.

Its like you are trying to validate your bullshit opinion by sounding intelligent about music and theory and whatever else you try to make us believe that you know. But in the end, you basically prove that you have no fuckin clue about music or art or anything for that matter.

If you can't understand the simple significance of sampling a melody from a well known hymn in a modern folk song and the effect it has on the context of that song then you don't "listen to songs a lot deeper than you or most people know". I think you need to listen deeper because you're completely missing the point.

i just noticed this post too. :down:

I'm starting to think that all of your posts are borderline bullshit.

Its like you are trying to validate your bullshit opinion by sounding intelligent about music and theory and whatever else you try to make us believe that you know. But in the end, you basically prove that you have no fuckin clue about music or art or anything for that matter.

If you can't understand the simple significance of sampling a melody from a well known hymn in a modern folk song and the effect it has on the context of that song then you don't "listen to songs a lot deeper than you or most people know". I think you need to listen deeper because you're completely missing the point.

Sheep: Yes sir.

oh wow. that's so original! you're cool!

Hey man look, you are the people trying to rationalize the complete taking of another song's melody - a religious melody nonetheless - as genius or art. NO. In my artistic opinion it is laziness or lack of ideas. It's like Dadaism. There is a difference between being open-minded about art and accepting anything as art. In my opinion, taking another song, rewriting lyrics, then playing it again is not creative in anyway.

Hey man look, you are the people trying to rationalize the complete taking of another song's melody - a religious melody nonetheless - as genius or art. NO. In my artistic opinion it is laziness or lack of ideas. It's like Dadaism. There is a difference between being open-minded about art and accepting anything as art. In my opinion, taking another song, rewriting lyrics, then playing it again is not creative in anyway.

Jackass: yes sir.

i'm not trying to do anything other than make fun of you at this point.

Back
Top Bottom