White as Snow Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm liking this song more and more with every listen.

this album is great because it has its immediate tracks, but it also has a good handful of growers.

who can forgive forgiveness when forgiveness is not?
only the Lamb (or land?) as white as snow

do we have official lyrics for this yet? I'm wondering if Bono is singing "lamb" here, since it's a "who" not a "what"

Funnily enuff....i was thinking the same thing. So many beautiful musical moments......dare i say, more than any u2 album before? The tour is truly gonna be moving. Make sure you bring someone to cuddle

HAHAHHA ... that cuddle feeling ... :) I recognize that .. i must cuddle my wife constantly. Yes you dare and I full agree with you here!

the stanza goes like:

I once believed there was a love divine
once came a time I thought it knew me not
who can forgive forgiveness where forgiveness is not?
only the lamb, as white as snow

(then the sublime french horn part)

I really love Bono's voice in this song it sounds really clear and great. I think song will also be used for a movie soundtrack.

Did not like this song at first, but I'm slowly coming round to it. It's actually very good!

And the french horn part has a certain Strawberry Fields sound to it. It's not that it is retro or referencing the Beatles, but rather it has the same trippy and dreamy feel.

Just listened to the album again lying in my dark room and my God this song is almost breaking my heart. :sad:

This really is one of the most heartbreaking songs U2 has ever recorded (along with One Tree Hill, Mothers of the Disappeared, the Omagh version of North and South of the River). I'm actually finding it hard to listen to.

Not really a fan of slow songs, but this one got me, as a matter of fact all of the slow songs held me on this album, even now after god knows how many listens (man my neighbors are gonna have nightmares everytime they play a single from this album on the radio) i won't skip ANY tracks yet. Getting back WoS, not sure i'de be able to listen to this if i was already in a sad mood, truly haunting.

P.S. Do you think they placed breathe right after this song in an attempt to Resuscitate the soldier?

Listened to it just 3 times. Thats all I could take.
This song hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears filling my eyes. :heart:
One of the most beautiful songs Bono has ever written.

i have a playlist going of songs like Your Blue Room, Stateless, North And South Of The River, etc....and i must say that Moment Of Surrender, White As Snow, and Cedars Of Lebanon are great additions.

thanks U2! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom