Which of the two new songs do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
The rocking (Glastonbury) song or the acoustic (I can't wait any longer for your love) one ?

The acoustic one for sure. The faster one is growing on me. I'm waiting for good quality recordings though.

Only one listen to each, but I'd say the Glastonbury one. Probably just because I've got a bit more faith in it. By that I mean, it sounds like it might be a bit different from 00s "rockers", but obviously there's no way of telling with the acoustic one. It could be some amazing Eno-SOA thing, or it could be some god awful overblown Rubin thing. Great melody and everything, but I'm definitely reserving judgement on that sort of song till I hear how they actually put it together.

I have only listened to the acoustic one so I can't do any comparison, but I'm really liking the acoustic song. Very nice melody. The beginning of the chorus reminds me a bit of "Revolution" by The Beatles, but in a slower and more "ballady" fashion. :up:

It's funny, my first impression was that I liked the Glastonbury one more, but since then, the acoustic one gets stuck in my head a LOT more. The chorus is simple, but it's catchy and hummable as hell.

The slower one, different sound whereas the Glastonbury one while a lot of fun to listen to, sounds like lots of things from the HTDAAB sessions.

On the basis of the clips currently doing the rounds, the Glasto one wins by a mile. Lots of energy and a strong riff, though I'm not sold on the first couple of verses. The ending is great. The slower one ... well, it's hard to tell. The recording quality just isn't good enough. It doesn't leave much of an impression on me at the moment, but I feel like it could go either way; dull and cliched or heartfelt and nuanced.

The acoustic one appeals to me more right now. Maybe it's because I still feel let down by "Boots" and am not ready to trust another rocking U2 pop song. :wink:

Acoustic, I guess. Neither really strikes me as being "full of potential".

The rock one sounds okay to me. The chorus might have potential from the sounds of it. Listening to the acoustic one right now, and I'm not sure if I like it all that much.

The slower one, different sound whereas the Glastonbury one while a lot of fun to listen to, sounds like lots of things from the HTDAAB sessions.

Yes, but I think it sounds like a lot of HTDAAB era stuff that did not make the album that many here think would have improved the album greatly.

Some of the ABOY alternates, Are You Gonna Wait Forever, Native Son, etc all had the same kind of rawness that Glastonbury seemingly has.

To answer the question, I can't pick a favorite. From the limited quality recordings, I like both but have to reserve final judgement. I will say that the rocker seemingly has more potential, with its riff and chorus, it catches you immediately. "For Your Love" is great, but from my listening experience, it seems like more of a grower. It is a tough one, though, if there is anything even half interesting with the drums and bass in this song, it could take off just as easily as Glastonbury.

I think both are potential hits but are not cliched 00's U2isms, so I think we have so far avoided the trade off that so many here were insisting existed between hits and quality songs with the U2 of today.

Just some preliminary thoughts, can't emphasize enough that I am by no means making any conclusions here.

The slower one :love:

It has the potential to be an epic ballad IF they decided to play it full band.

Accoustic also sounds beautiful, Bono's voice is particularly great here.

Back
Top Bottom