Which Beachclip relates to U2's new Direction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Well we have heard from Bono he wants sing with alot of space around his voice...

So which of the beach clips is most accurate reading of this? Ive got a long version of the beach clip which has "I believe" and "All My Life" as there chorus lines... which has plenty of instrumental in them and not much space around the voice... But the song which was played in between those 2 seems to have alot of space.... I cant really make out what the lyrics are i think he sings "Thank you" a lot.

The song also starts with piano and has piano through it.

But anyway that is probably the closest song to what Bono describes the direction they may want to go to.

Does this song have potential?

I think it is Thank you for the day. Personally I hope for 402 and 404 direction.

Its hard to pick a hit from those beach clips... they sound so much better when they are complete.

WITS relates to the new direction, I believe. So 400.

I just pray Larry doesn't veto 402 out.

404 could be great too, I see Rubin only making it better, that's a hit.

404 = Edge's Biggest solo studio

Make it happen , Make it happen

It got to be on the next album , or at least release it

402's awesome, but in terms of what we've heard rumored so far, 404 definitely seems to be in the direction of "mastering melody." That chorus is contagious and a guaranteed blockbuster if it ever gets officially released.

RademR said:
WITS relates to the new direction, I believe. So 400.

Actually, that's not true at all. It has been implied many times that WITS is a "goodbye" to the 00's U2 we knew. But I'm just going by what I've heard from Bono, and we all know how that tends to turn out. :|

I want thunderous acoustic guitars on the new album. All over the place. I want the new album to sound like what Fast Cars sounds like live. I want Larry to beat the shit out of his kit.

i would guess none of the beach clips give any indication of what the sound will be like

maybe some indication of what the songs will be like
but even that might not be true at all

Jeffo17 said:
Ok guys do you think #402 and #404 will be on U2's next album?

Yes, it's going to be a sprawling 405 song masterpiece, released in 2054. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom