Where's the GOOYOW video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
Did it even get released?

The day of the dead has been and gone, and during that time, U2 release the single itself, but not its day of the dead video? I don't get it.

Did the TBT lyric video come out the same day as the song was released? or did it come later?

Pretty sure the lyric video was there the day it was released.

But the actual video came later.

I don't even know if GOOYOW and The Blackout are considered "singles", I don't know anymore, I don't understand the world anymore!

I know it has a skeleton in it but that + the fact it happened to be filmed in Mexico and rumored to be announced in mid-October were the the only indicators it was linked to the DOTD.

The song itself has nothing to do with the DOTD and it would be odd if the video was a DOTD theme to be honest. That is unless the video and song are linked to a promo of some sort around the DOTD theme.

Also, That type of theme is really only relevant for the week or so that Halloween and DOTD are celebrated(you could argue for the month of but this video was never going to be ready for October). Why shoot a video that has nothing to do about the song for a celebration period of 1 week? Just doesn’t add up

I agree, I don't believe that Get Out is an "official" single yet. So far, if you pre-ordered the album, you were just able to get that song off the album.

There is no separate "single" to purchase like TBT has. It has no single edit that would have a different ending and not just Kendricks part getting chopped off halfway through.

So, thats not a bad strategy. Give people some freebies to pre-order the album, and then in a couple weeks release it to radio with a video right before the album is released.

Is it really necessary to create a new thread for this when we already have one dedicated to the track itself?

It's a specific question, there's a lot going on in those threads and as a result specific questions tend to get buried from time to time.

I know it has a skeleton in it but that + the fact it happened to be filmed in Mexico and rumored to be announced in mid-October were the the only indicators it was linked to the DOTD.

The song itself has nothing to do with the DOTD and it would be odd if the video was a DOTD theme to be honest. That is unless the video and song are linked to a promo of some sort around the DOTD theme.

Also, That type of theme is really only relevant for the week or so that Halloween and DOTD are celebrated(you could argue for the month of but this video was never going to be ready for October). Why shoot a video that has nothing to do about the song for a celebration period of 1 week? Just doesn’t add up
Well, there could be a tie in for The Day of the Dead. "Lincoln's ghost" is a metaphor for the death of the ideal America, and Lincoln is quite literally a dead person. The Day of the Dead is a holiday that celebrates the dead. Perhaps Lincoln's ghost becomes the personification of that death, and this video celebrates the idea of America that once was, and that some people seem to be letting go of....

Did it even get released?

The day of the dead has been and gone, and during that time, U2 release the single itself, but not its day of the dead video? I don't get it.

I don't think that GOOYOW is a single, or at least not yet. This is from the U2.com article announcing the album:
Pre-order Songs of Experience from today and receive three instant grat songs: the previously unreleased new song ‘Get Out of Your Own Way', first single ‘You’re the Best Thing About Me’ and the album version of 'The Blackout'

Notice how YTBTAM is explicitly mentioned as the single, but not GOOYOW or The Blackout. Thus it's likely not being promoted as a single.

Stuck football version...
Elevation...
Discotheque...
Last Night on Earth...

Are some of the worst offenders
That's true, but at least with 'Red Hill', U2 had the foresight not to actually release it. Instead they released the 'With or Without You' video, which, in retrospect, turned out to be possibly the best decision of their career (other than hiring Paul McGuinness).

Back
Top Bottom