Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison

Has any band or artist ever received this much backlash in their careers as these guys? I mean, in 2003 the Dixie Chicks were pretty much getting killed, but they turned out okay afterall. U2 though has made a career out of being bashed, hated, ignored, then loved all over again, rinse and repeat. It's just crazy...

Some of the haters hate them because:

they are successfull
they are too big
they make terrible music
they make too much music
they dont make enough music
they make terrible videos
they dont make enough videos
they smash guitars
they dont smash enough guitars
they try to help sick people in Africa
they are too rich
they don't pay enough taxes, greedy bastards!
they tried to give me this POS album for free, greedy bastards!

this list goes on and on....

must be fun being a HATER!

Gawd, U2 sux...:shifty:

U2 will pull through this moment just fine.
Some bands have had the worst moments in their career and in their
life. People wanted to kill them.

One of those bands were the Beatles. People were burning their records
in public and sending them death threats.
All because John Lennon was misquoted on one of his interviews and
the newspapers had a field-day posting in the headlines that he
said "The Beatles are now bigger than Jesus".
This statement was taken out of contexto as to what John Lennon was
actually talking about with the reporter.

The higher you rise in fame and wealth in the record industry the
harder some people want to see them fall down.

The band Metallica was also hated for awhile by their own fans,
and they were burning their records. All because Lars Ulrich decided to
fight against ilegal downloads from Napster and on the internet.
Many people still hate them, and think Metallica is too rich and famous.

So , I believe U2 will pull through this moment just fine.
Giving out FREE records will not give them a prison sentence.

The only musicians who can credibly trash their own instruments theses days are the ones who can't afford to. And the ones that can afford it have no business doing so.

Ha. Never thought of it that way... but you're absolutely right.

I get that it's an homage to punk or whatever, but smashing a guitar is still just SUCH a cliche in 2014, no matter how you look at it.

I haven't watched the video yet, because I wasn't all that enamored of the Apple spot. The guitar smashing, Bono thrusting himself towards the camera with his mouth wide open like he's screaming ... :yawn:

I like the album a lot, not a huge fan of the song, but I wish they'd done something different.

Exactly.

One of the most embarrassing moments in U2 history. Edge acts like a no brain freak at the end.

Luckily the song is quite weak, so I hope the video will soon be forgetten.

You think OOTS is a gem and want to force feed people pills; should we diagnose your disorders?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i hope you wont mind correcting you: not people, but bono these days before going on stage, he is too nervous and overhyped.

Original of the Species is absolutely timeless and beautiful song. For me the best from Atomic Bomb.

I get that it's an homage to punk or whatever, but smashing a guitar is still just SUCH a cliche in 2014, no matter how you look at it.

I haven't watched the video yet, because I wasn't all that enamored of the Apple spot. The guitar smashing, Bono thrusting himself towards the camera with his mouth wide open like he's screaming ... :yawn:

I like the album a lot, not a huge fan of the song, but I wish they'd done something different.

On the other hand, I think it's fairly clearly an homage to their original Apple iTunes ad (which was awesome, because it seemed fresh and new), so I can understand going that route.

I just don't feel a driving need to watch the full video. My fan feelings are melting. MELLLLLLLLLLLTING! OHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A WORRRRRRLD!

This is the way to express disappointment in a reasonable, still emotional, but logical and meaningful way.

Exactly.

One of the most embarrassing moments in U2 history. Edge acts like a no brain freak at the end.

Luckily the song is quite weak, so I hope the video will soon be forgetten.

This is not. This adds nothing. This poster has become a rent-a-quote whinge factory. We get it. You're not happy. Saying things lie WORST MOMENT IN U2 HISTORY makes you look like a fool who is pushing his barrow and will harass anyone who has the misfortune of reading.

Because you (not only you...) are always immediately there, ready to say nothing relevant about those who post negative or disillusioned comments. It feels like that kind of people that can't stand the contradictory but then they have nothing to reply.
I like this forum a lot, that's why I keep on coming here, but that's the most annoying thing here.

That is patently untrue. Just because you fit in the category of useless whining like thavidesco and I call you on it (and then you go off half-cocked and claim racism, remember that little debacle?) don't begin to claim that me calling you on it is of no substance or doesn't add to a discussion. You get the response you deserve.

The video is cool, nice colours, great effort by the band, it´s always nice to see them perform.

BUT
THE END EDGE SMASHING HIS GUITAR - THE WORST MOMENT IN U2 VIDEO HISTORY.
So miserable and unnecceasry. They basically denied all they´ve been against - rocknroll like a cliche, singing about how is everything fucked up, enjoy some fun and violence on stage, smashing the instruments and go back home to their miserable life.

Atrocious.

Prooves Edge is out of his mind not only with his 70´s rip off guitar playing. And we complain about Larry...

It's okay, it's just simulated violence.

I watched the video 3 times, and I didn´t see anyone break a guitar.
---------- NO GUITARS WERE ARMED In the making of this vídeo -------------

But I did see some old guys pretending they were playing guitar - but they were not
actually playing the guitar. They were doing "air guitar" moves for the vídeo.

I don´t think Edge could ever play the guitar like that. With all those crazy
jumps and moves. Jumping around like a 1980s Punk-rocker.
I remember once he got a little pissed off at the vídeo director of that song "The Fly",
because the director wanted The Edge to move around and jump like those other
crazy hard-rock guitar players.
But Edge looked at him and said "You trying to teach me how to play the guitar?!"
The conversation just ended right there and Edge got to finish the vídeo "The Fly".
If you want to hear more about this event , grab your U2 Greatest Hits DVD and turn
on the vídeo-directors voice to hear him speak about the making of the Fly vídeo.

Anyway,
Did anyone ever notice "The Edge" doing those crazy punk jumps in a live show? :hmm:
I never seen him do that before.
Hope he can do it for the LIVE Shows! :applaud:

The only musicians who can credibly trash their own instruments theses days are the ones who can't afford to. And the ones that can afford it have no business doing so.

Very very true. But I don't mind it, it's inconsequential. Rock stars do get up to a lot of bullshit.

But I would really have liked to see less of a 'U2' performance video, dunno what that could have been though (maybe gimmicky footage of the Ramones which synced their movements and expressions to the sounds of the song?). Like it or not, people hate Bono, and him being in your face like he was in the video might turn a lot of swing votes the other way. And since Miracle is not an extra special song (for me that's EBW, SLABT, Iris and The Troubles) and has been chosen as the first single (again) it needed all the help it could get.

I don't get why people seems to dislike The Miracle. Especially as the first single and record opener. I think its a great song. 1000 times better than Boots. Although less radio friendly than Vertigo to me is the superior track, and better lyrics. Its a honorable homage for the Ramones. Its catchy, it sounds good live and probably will be great at the show. I showed to my nephew who is 17 and he thinks its great. One month into the album and I still think its a far superior album than No Line and Bomb. Cmon guys, kudos for them for delivering such a nice work at this day and age.

I think it's a great song, BOTH, but people are entitled to their opinions. Just think, 3 million people thought Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme was worth buying. :lol:

It´s an okay song, but little bit generic, definitely lacks U2´s magic.

Boots sounded more ambitious and fresh to me and it had better video :)

I don't get why people seems to dislike The Miracle. Especially as the first single and record opener. I think its a great song. 1000 times better than Boots. Although less radio friendly than Vertigo to me is the superior track, and better lyrics. Its a honorable homage for the Ramones. Its catchy, it sounds good live and probably will be great at the show. I showed to my nephew who is 17 and he thinks its great. One month into the album and I still think its a far superior album than No Line and Bomb. Cmon guys, kudos for them for delivering such a nice work at this day and age.

:up::up::up:

I actually thought the GOYB video was pretty cool, especially the 'breaking glass' effect. The song itself, however, has not aged well.

Oddly enough both the video and the acoustic version have made me appreciate the Miracle slightly more. Go figure.

The acoustic version has certainly done that for me, but even before it The Miracle seemed a good song. I was not dissing it, just think there are four or five better songs on the album, which says how good SOI is. I just think U2 could have done a bit better with their choice of first single, that's all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Game of Thrones is the best show on TV, my favorite show for years. I almost passed out watching the Red Wedding (Rains of Cashmere) episode.

With that said, if Walter Frey were playing the Crystal Ballroom in that scene, I would have had a smile on my face while shit went down because that song makes everything just....that...much...better(still listening to it on repeat).

Of course it's the best show on TV. Except it's not TV, it's HBO. :) The books are even better (well, the first three anyway).

And, as sublime as TCB is, only the Rains of Castermere could accompany the Red Wedding...though a U2 cover of that song would certainly bet interesting.

Winter is Coming.

....and here it is!

U2 Winter - YouTube

:up:

It's a fantastic song. Best single in a long, long time.

The Miracle is fine. That video is a shrug, that's all it needs to be. It was done on the cheap and on the fly and it shows.

But let's all move along to the glorious EBW now that everyone has their iPhone 6.

Sent from

Back
Top Bottom