When Do You Think The New Album Will Be Released?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When Do You Think The New Album WIll Be Released?

• Before The 2010 Tour (May/June)

Votes: 46 28.6%
  • After The 2010 Tour (November/December)

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Spring/Summer 2011

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • Fall/Winter 2011

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
hello, my name is Nero.

since the "Songs Of Ascent" thread is about everything other than the next album, i thought i'd start a poll and get everyone's predictions.

now, if for some reason this thread gets derailed and we start seeing shit like "The Edge isn't on fire anymore", "Vertigo and GOYB sound the same!!1" or "I thought HTDAAB sucked", i may lose it and start the sniper attacks all over again. yeah, America. you may think you got the right guy.

my vote goes to Fall/Winter 2011.

my feeling is that the band intends on previewing some songs during the tour (which may happen) and then releasing the album right after the tour. the problem is, the band will have so many fresh ideas after being on the road that they're going to want to quickly go back and work on them. and then typical second guessing will take over, delaying the album for a couple months, and then Paul McG will decide that they should wait until Xmas and maximize their opportunity for sales.

Fall/Winter 2010.

Edge, who is WAY more trustworthy than Bono on these questions, seemed in his last interview to be very unsure of what they are going to do with all the options they have going right now. Judging from that and their past history of taking their sweet time, I'd say it's really unlikely they'll get an album out before the tour. That being said, I think they are serious about wanting to put out something relatively soon, so I think they'll put on the finishing touches to SOA or the other new stuff they have after the tour is over and release it in time for Christmas :)

cori, this is like an eye exam. sure, 1 and 2 look the same, but just tell me which one looks clearer so i can give you some glasses.

1 looks like ... um ... a bunch of squiggly lines.

2 looks like ............................... two pandas?

I'm going to say "after the tour, but no idea if that means 2010 or 2011."

i don't know how to edit a poll. if one of you are willing to walk me through it, i'll add 2012, 2013, and never.

well i think that something will be released on Bono's birthday because ive been saying that for some time now. What that something is; SOA, an EP, or some damn single is anyone's guess. But im sticking with May 10th (11th in USA) if for no other reason than i want to remain consistent and also i dont mind being wrong.

I'm torn between before the tour and this fall. I would be very shocked if it isn't 2010 either way.

Great thread though! We needed it!

Maybe we can re-set the vote once a month?

i don't know how to edit a poll. if one of you are willing to walk me through it, i'll add 2012, 2013, and never.
I think that U2 will more probably release something in 2012/13, but that material will be sightly different from this supposed 2010/11 album, so I wouldn't include it in this poll, cause I assume "The New Album" here means what we've been calling/nicknaming SOA.

On a slightly off topic issue....funny how so many people who live in the northern hemisphere assume "summer/spring" is the same for everyone in the world......:wave:

I went for Fall/Winter 2011 (by which I presume you mean Nov/Dec 11, rather than June 11 which is Winter where I live. Ok I've made my point....I'll shut up now).

On a slightly off topic issue....funny how so many people who live in the northern hemisphere assume "summer/spring" is the same for everyone in the world......:wave:

I went for Fall/Winter 2011 (by which I presume you mean Nov/Dec 11, rather than June 11 which is Winter where I live. Ok I've made my point....I'll shut up now).

b01302583c04dbfa4a6ce66.jpg

Good point...we will have to be more precise in future polls.

Anyway, I would love to have it released on my birthday in June. :applaud: It happens to fall on a Tuesday this year which seems to be a major release day for new albums. I know it is highly unlikely, but I like to be hopeful! :hyper:

It'll be an artifact discovered in a post-apocalyptic world underneath a giant pile of disintegrated Guinness kegs by radioactive pig-men. It'll be carbon dated as completed in summer 2010, but U2 was too busy adding a racing stripe to The Claw to get it out.

A hipster computer program will give it a 4.2.

/Slow Loris

Wow you people are nuts. Sure there were big gaps last decade, but the 'problem' this time is having so many potential projects to choose from, I really don't see them sitting on 2-3 albums worth of material until 2012 or beyond. If they want to move on and not be seen as resting on their laurels, they'll make good on talk of a new album in the next year.

Idiot that I am, I'm still going for May 2010. If it doesn't come out then....I'd say autumn 2012.

Slightly off topic Chocky, but don't Australians call it autumn, not fall? Just curious.

you need to add an "I don't know" option :D

eta: oops someone already said that sort of... must read thru thread next time ha

Not everyone, just everyone that matters.

;)

Back
Top Bottom