When Do You Think The New Album Will Be Released?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When Do You Think The New Album WIll Be Released?

• Before The 2010 Tour (May/June)

Votes: 46 28.6%
  • After The 2010 Tour (November/December)

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Spring/Summer 2011

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • Fall/Winter 2011

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters
It's not us that are downers, it's U2 :)

I just never understood a band that is very much proud of technology, in fact boasts about how they want to be on the cutting edge of technology.....keeps it's fans in the dark as much as they do in regards to the music.

For those of us who remember when POP was being recorded, U2 had a web cam set up in the studio that intermittently updated, so we could see what was going on. It was 'cutting edge' in 1996.

For those of us who remember when POP was being recorded, U2 had a web cam set up in the studio that intermittently updated, so we could see what was going on. It was 'cutting edge' in 1996.

I'd give anything to have that shitty webcam now. At least then they were trying to throw their fans a frickin' bone!

well, they did give us those short clips, which sometimes gave us a glimpse of music, or just some random shot of a studio and the guys writing.

you would think they could do this again? I do think it's safe to assume they are working very hard to get these songs done.

Other than Bono and Edge doing the tribute, we haven't heard a peep out of them.

I do think it's safe to assume they are working very hard to get these songs done.

Oh, I don't know. I could just as easily assume that they've completely shelved the project and are sitting on their respective couches eating Doritos and watching reruns of The Simpsons.

At this point, I will be very pleasantly surprised if we see any new material from the band this year.

well, they did give us those short clips, which sometimes gave us a glimpse of music, or just some random shot of a studio and the guys writing.

you would think they could do this again? I do think it's safe to assume they are working very hard to get these songs done.

Other than Bono and Edge doing the tribute, we haven't heard a peep out of them.

OR Edge is helping the band make a soapbox racer for the Vaguely Alternative Rock Band Derby. They lost to Echo And The Bunnymen last year, and they want their title back, dammit.

Coldplay want Eno for his soundscapes? Riiiiight. They want him for his innovative acceleration systems.

With respect, you haven't been paying attention. The situation after the last 2 albums was nothing like it currently is.

No, it's pretty similar. I can almost predict what will happen. We'll end up getting a new song or two in 2011 like we did with Electrical Storm and Hands that Built America after ATYCLB and The Saints are Coming and Window in the Skies after HTDAAB.

Now the only thing that could've made this slightly different is that there might not be a "Best of" to just throw these new songs onto. However, it is already 2010, and a best of 2000 to 2010 is very possible, although I hope they would move away from that after completing that "best of" contract they had or whatever. Plus they would've put out 3 best of albums in the span of 10 years...

Possibly a few new singles tossed into an EP in 2011 or 2012. Doubt it though.

Who said anything about a 2000-2010 Best of ? They don't need a Best of to release a few new songs.

No, it's pretty similar.

No, not really. U2 knows how much things have changed and they will have to keep up or fold. Even with NLOTH not selling as much as they thought/hoped it would, I don't feel U2 are going to stick with any similar plan.
At this stage, they are changing or revamping. How that come's out with new releases, remains to be seen.

I was reading on @u2 that apparently U2 has announced all European tour dates. Therefore, would I be right in assuming this strongly points to 'NO' new album this year?

Surely if there was a new album intended, they'd announce more Euro/UK/US tour dates, then give us a new album.

Yeah, note they said they weren't adding anymore European tour dates. Not US dates. You could conversely deduce that the lack of additional dates mean they want to spend more time songwriting rather than playing an extra X number of shows.

as much as i think we probably won't get an album before the tour, i do believe it still could happen. if the band releases the album in the beginning of June, we wouldn't hear anything until late March, so the lack of news coming in isn't the end of the world. it was actually pretty similar to what we went through in October and November of 2008. the only difference is that we had beach clips to go off of.

The reception (around here) for the next album would be much better served if we went without beach clips this time around.

so, on atu2 they mention the addition of the SLC show and how it's a much smaller market to open the tour before it hits Anaheim. perhaps, they think, to test out new concepts and/or songs?

my guess is that we get new songs on tour, and an album released featuring the new songs by Christmas.

and another tour in 2011 that goes to S. America and Oz.

and then they never play stadiums again.

I think they'll play stadiums again, on their final tour. I think we'll be seeing scaled back arena shows until they can figure out how to top 360's spectacle (and a final tour is the only thing that could justify more extravagance).

The reception (around here) for the next album would be much better served if we went without beach clips this time around.

I think if Interference would have accepted NLOTH any more warmly, brain cells would have been fried.

Explains the tour section.

Back
Top Bottom