Whats next now then???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Right im listening to the album to death, i love it to bits every song is a good to great song(in my opinion) but whats next now

I supose we will see the advert on tv every now and again

Im persuming we wont hear nothing from the band till around october 13th when the physical release comes out. Will they promote it on tv shows and radio shows? Small club gigs?

Then november time we can start thinking about a tour announcement??

Whats everyone think?

In all seriousness though, I'm sure there are going to be talk shows, late night shows, maybe even rooftop gigs over the next month. U2 isn't going to let this hype die down at all.

In all seriousness though, I'm sure there are going to be talk shows, late night shows, maybe even rooftop gigs over the next month. U2 isn't going to let this hype die down at all.
Well they better get to it!

He took his first post-album shit.

You mean, after years? :lol:

Seriously, I've been wondering when promotional activities were about to start. Normally, U2 start having promo performances, interviews, talk show appearances etc. as soon as the album or the first single is released. Since we have a different scenario with the album release right now, does anyone think it won't start before the physical release is out? I can't wait to hear the new songs live.

Tour announcement, I'd say, in November or December.

You mean, after years? :lol:

Seriously, I've been wondering when promotional activities were about to start. Normally, U2 start having promo performances, interviews, talk show appearances etc. as soon as the album or the first single is released. Since we have a different scenario with the album release right now, does anyone think it won't start before the physical release is out? I can't wait to hear the new songs live.

Tour announcement, I'd say, in November or December.
It would have made sense for them to start doing promotional activities this week. To wait for the physical release is a bit odd, but I think that's the case.

I hope they announce the tour before the end of the year.

It would have made sense for them to start doing promotional activities this week. To wait for the physical release is a bit odd, but I think that's the case.

I hope they announce the tour before the end of the year.

It definitely makes sense to wait for the physical release.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guess so, but there seems to be a lot of hype now, I think it's a missed opportunity. Unless they want to distance themselves from the Apple stunt and promote independently.

Guess so, but there seems to be a lot of hype now, I think it's a missed opportunity. Unless they want to distance themselves from the Apple stunt and promote independently.

I think at this point it's definitely that. Plus Guy said they disrupted/made enough headlines for now.

Does anyone know if there are slots still open for SNL? I assume there are.:applaud:

I don't think they're distancing themselves, I'm sure they anticipated this. I think they still want to see what kind of numbers they can get, I don't think it matters like it has in the past but I think they're curious if they can still sell after giving it away. You don't promote an album a month out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pretty sure we will see them on SNL soon enough. Have they announced guests for the first few shows yet??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Distancing themselves? Their 1-minute TV ad for Apple aired in the States from last Thursday over the weekend during major sporting event broadcasts watched by millions. It is a minute-long mini-music video and I'll bet it accounts for quite a few of those 33 million listeners.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

October 11th would be the soonest they could appear on SNL as the first couple shows are already announced. Denzel Washington/U2 would be a great combo fit for oct 11!

That would be great, but I think October 18 sounds good. Just a few days after the physical release.

That makes sense

They also might be quiet a bit so that the rest of the music retail business doesn't get totally fed up with them. If they promote more around the physical release, it will give all other retailers a bit of a push.

I want U2 on SNL. I vote that Adam Scott should host.

He can finally get those t-shirts!

The first two SNL episodes will be Chris Pratt/Ariana Grande on September 27 and Sarah Silverman/Maroon 5 on October 4. First of all, let's everyone have a good laugh at those musical acts. There have been rumours that Bill Murray might host an episode this season, and my god, I don't think I could physically handle an episode with both Bill Murray and U2. I might faint of joy.

They seemed very motivated to release SOE, maybe this one is the big album they have in mind! So, my guess is that they will wait October 13 and release SOI and SOE shortly after that and then start promoting both of them at the same time!

Nope. It really depends on when the tour starts, but three likely points in time would be just before it starts, or in between legs 1 & 2, or roughly a year from now. Do not think it will be before about June next year. It could be something like a late spring tour start in Europe, with a first SOE single released around then, and then the album released in time for the 2nd leg in the US.

I have been told by the utmost in reliable sources that the stage design for the tour is already completed.

Tour is happening next year.

For those who do not believe, look back at my prior posts on this site dating waaaaayyyy back - all I care about is the stage design for this band...

Back
Top Bottom