What Would You Do?: An Ethical Hypothetical Concerning NLOTH...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
I would take it, change the audio files pitch and speeds, cut up each song into pieces, reassemble the album into a clusterfuck of a puzzle, and then leak it like hell.

Then wait until someone puts it back together.

Where the fuck is that option?!!!

No, what you do is switch every thirty seconds from actual NLOTH music to Viva La Vida.

I would take it to the South of France, hire a car and blast it 24/7 outside Bono’s house. His neighbours will think that's hilarious. And then some freak who has been on the beach stalking his house for the past month will assume it is coming from the house, record it, leak it, and the assumption will be it was Bono. So you will all hear it, but it will be Bono’s fault, not mine.

This is sheer brilliance. :heart:

I picked A, because I have a toxic mix of Catholic AND Jewish guilt. :uhoh:

yeah, i would listen once, upload it to my computer, but not share because of legal ramifications, and then give back.

I'd be biologically, mentally & physically unable to NOT go with B. That's partly due to my ulterior motive of possibly ingratiating myself to the point that it scored me tickets and/or quasi-accquaintanceship with the band. :drool: :heart:

:reject:

The listening parties were done by Universal reps, right? Not the band. I think my choice would be dependent on whether the reps or radio station bigwigs were going to be actively searching for the lost disc, or just repremanding the person who left the disc in the player in the first place.

But I'm thinking about this too much. I choose B (and yes, I COULD only listen to it once and return it. It's only a month until the album comes out, and I don't pretend to be the most obsessive U2 fan on Interference.) But I'd take lots of notes!

Z.

I would listen to it ad nauseum until the lyrics, chords, and effects were totally ingrained in my head....then I would drink until I forget my own name, then do it all over again the next day. :D

I might also post a couple tid bits on this site for everyone else....

....maybe :wink:

I'd be biologically, mentally & physically unable to NOT go with B. That's partly due to my ulterior motive of possibly ingratiating myself to the point that it scored me tickets and/or quasi-accquaintanceship with the band. :drool: :heart:

:reject:

Oooh, I like how you think! A way in to meeting the band, brilliant!!! :applaud:

That's it. I'm changing my answer to B. U2, you can have your disc back, but only if you personally come to my house to pick it up (and don't be sending Paul McG in your place....)

I'd import it into iTunes and then return the disc.

Besides, returning a left-behind unreleased album seems like it might include a decent chance at meeting or at least contacting the guys themselves.

And honestly, anybody who says anything other than C, E, or F is probably lying.

You think that because you're a young pup. Once you get old (like me :D ) you figure out that a month-long wait is nothing. :wink:

Besides, returning a left-behind unreleased album seems like it might include a decent chance at meeting or at least contacting the guys themselves.

No, you'd meet a 22yr old PR rep from Universal. Not that that's a bad thing, they're generally very :sexywink:

B, I'm a curious person and if I have that disc in my hands, I'll listen to it. But after that I would return it to the band, because I'm not going to be the one who leaks it.
Perhaps I'd put the songs on my ipod too...

A without a doubt, cos I will take it to Bono in the hope he would reward me :drool: and when he doesn't I'd leak the crap outta it from a nuclear Proof bomb shelter :lol:

I chose F, leak it, but it depends how much of a risk I would be taking. If I had a job in play or something like that I probably wouldn't do it, but if I figured that the chances of getting caught were slim I would definately do it. Why not? I don't even consider this an 'ethical dilemna', and I consider myself a highly ethical/moral person! Honestly I don't see the big deal about the album leaking a bit before it's supposed to be out, as long as it is the finished product.

Hurting sales? Come on... that makes no difference. The album will be available for free all over once it's out, like any other music nowadays. People who don't want to buy won't anyways, it doesn't matter if it's leaked early or not. For the most part, the people who listen to leaked albums are pretty serious fans who will buy the album when it's out anyways.

I think just listening to it and keeping it for yourself is quite selfish! :wink:

I hope this doesn't leak...I don't want to ruin my first listen by listening to a crappy version cause I can't resist it!:doh:

C. I couldn't possibly be the sole responsible person for the huge world-over leak. But again, I couldn't possible just send it back, having waited soooo long.

where is "burn your own copy for yourself and then give it to somebody else who you know full well will leak it so that he can have the blood on his hands and you can feel guilt free even though it's your fault anyways" as a choice?

:tsk:

:wink:

I'd listen to it and then return it to the band. I'm all about karma for the good tickets.

B, modified. I'd listen to it 50 times and have it playing loudly in the background while I called the appropriate people to turn it in.

After more than four years waiting for it I know that I couldn't resist listening to it, but after that I would return it to the band, just to let them sleep comfortably, I would like to burn a copy only for me, but I'm almost sure I wouldn't be able to due to this guilty thing I was taught when I was a child.

B.) I am planning not to listen until I have it on the disc, so at that point, I would absolutely have to listen once. Then, I would give it right back. I dont like torrets, halfs out of order, track by track, out of order leaks, that is worse for fans IMO. I was reading the bomb leak thread and getting it song by song seemed like it would ruin it for me.

I voted for B, but considering the damned thing would be out already by the time I figured out how the heck I was supposed to send it back to them, it wouldn't even matter anymore.

Back
Top Bottom