What will the 4th single be ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
After Boots, we got news that Magnificent and Crazy tonight are the second and third single.

That special edition for Boots single had space for 4 singles though - so what do you think will get picked ?

Breathe I'd say, with Stand Up Comedy and Moment Of Surrender as outside chances.

I'm not all that big on Crazy Tonight becoming a single. Indeed, it seems as if the only reason it was included on the album was because it was an obvious single, probably a McGuiness demand. It doesn't contribute to the flow as well as Winter does in the original tracklisting.

I'm not sure Magnificent or Crazy will do well. They're the kind of songs U2's had on previous two albums.

Stand up comedy - I'd love that riff on the radio. Or MOS if they feel brave.

Most likely it's probably Breathe.

I'm kinda bummed that crazy tonight will be a single. Whats the source for this news? (not questioning it, just curious). I think it could take the sails out of the album a bit. I can hear all the 'Sounds like every other U2 song' bitching already. I'd really like to see Unknown Caller as a single. Its still obviously U2, but is different and innovative enough to keep things fresh

I think Breathe should actually be next up. They probably have to be careful with Magnificent. I hope they do a great video for it, not just make it very U2-centric. Give it to a great director and let them loose with something really creative. It’s a very U2 song with a very Bono lyric – make the video something totally different. Barely even feature Bono/the band. I know videos don’t mean much, if anything, anymore, but if it’s genius it could help this song a lot. Other than those two, Crazy Tonight will no doubt be one of them. I’m not really here or there on it, but no doubt it will be a single at some point. I hope it’s not the next one though. The reaction to Boots has been lukewarm at best, and I just don’t think Crazy Tonight sells the album well at all. I sincerely hope the embarrassment that is Stand Up Comedy never sees the light of day as a single. Really.

You guys, Crazy tonight is like the only real single on the album. Not using it as such would be such a missed opportunity.:flirt:

Because they are going to be released on 7'' singles for the collector box. I would lean towards songs with shorter lengths around (4:00) , probably Stand Up Comedy, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight and possibly an edited version of Magnificent.

B-sides probably being alternate studio takes like NLOTH 2

Has to be Breathe. Best song on the album, fucking rules live, and it doesn't really feel like an album-only track to me.

Why not Unknown Caller? The chorus is catchy, but it's still a rock song. They could edit the intro to when the guitar starts to shorten it a bit.

With the way they are playing breathe live at every opportunity (and that it shreds) they may bump it to 2nd single. Magnificent will be third, and 4th will either be NLOTH or CT

I'm glad Magnificent is the next one -- it should have been the first single. Very poppy, with opening keyboard notes that are all the rage these days (Killers, Coldplay etc), and then that huge WHOOOSH of sound once things get underway. And I think it's safe to say that Magnificent is the "best track" on the album according to U2 diehards, as shown by the non-scientific polling on this site, at least.

After that, definitely Breathe. It still sounds a little too adult-contemporary / "Dad"-rock for my liking, like much of HTDAAB, but people seem to love it, which is the important thing.

MoS, even if edited right down, will not get played on any radio station in any corner of the western world ever. It’s 2009. Sorry, everything needs to be catchy and shiny and pretty and bouncy and loud and immediate. MoS won’t be a single. They would have a tough time floating a One or Stay in 2009. Sometimes never got played. Stuck didn’t either. I think they’ll stick to the lively ones.

Back
Top Bottom