What Will Be The Second Single Before Album Release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to say it'll be I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight. Boots is a bit odd, I love the song, but it does take a few listens to get into it. From the descriptions, "Crazy Tonight" is their most unabashed pop song, and didn't Billboard say it's a rocker in the vein of Beautiful day or something? It would be probably a smart move to release that right before or during the album release in order to capture a large, pop audience as well.

I think "Magnificent," "I'll go Crazy" or "Breathe."

One of those three. Yes, I'm mentioning three to choose from. Get over it.

I think as the second single, it should really showcase how this album is different from their recent work more than GOYB is doing.

it will be "Breathe" - fits to the beginning of the spring in europe where the tour starts. "Walk out into the Steets" - and "Breaaaaaaaathe"

I hope Stand Up Comedy - it might kick people in the teeth a bit, from what we've heard.

Magnificent.

Bono said that will.i.am did a remix of that song.

What do they need a remix for when it's not planned to be released as a single?

Hearing the other 10 songs first, might help.

I agree totally, but based on the descriptions I'd say they release the pop song next. Who knows though. I'm hoping for "Breathe" at some point as a single, since I really love that song based on the beach clip, maybe I won't like it so much in the end though.

I agree totally, but based on the descriptions I'd say they release the pop song next. Who knows though. I'm hoping for "Breathe" at some point as a single, since I really love that song based on the beach clip, maybe I won't like it so much in the end though.

I think that, for their own good, Breathe or Magnificent has to be the next single. GOYB can't carry this album, just like The Fly couldn't carry Achtung Baby.

If they draw Crazy Tonight, they could very well sink the album commercially.

I think that, for their own good, Breathe or Magnificent has to be the next single. GOYB can't carry this album, just like The Fly couldn't carry Achtung Baby.

I can't believe people can say things like this without even hearing the bloody song!

jesus!

It's just...the descriptions don't exactly scream U2 to me. Two straight singles that shake things up could be lethal. It could be great, and I love GOYB, but I'm speaking strictly from a commercial standpoint here.

I mean, you could say that for any song. If they draw ________ it could sink/lift the album. It's unfair to say that about Crazy tonight since nobody knows what it sounds like. Also, Breathe and or Magnificent could be the worst songs on the album for all we know. Maybe Moment of Surrender is the best? Or White as Snow? Or Stand Up Comedy? I don't think that's a fair or accurate statement whatsoever.

It's just...the descriptions don't exactly scream U2 to me. Two straight singles that shake things up could be lethal. It could be great, and I love GOYB, but I'm speaking strictly from a commercial standpoint here.

Comparisons to Sweetest thing and Beautiful Day scream radio airplay and commercial success to me.

What was the sequence of radio singles for the last album? I would hope for their sake that Universal pays extra attention to how GOYB is doing and that would determine which song and when to release as a second single.

from the sound of magnificent, there isnt much innovation there, so that could be good or bad wih regards to itbeing the enxt single. Traditional U2 fans will love it, and it will lower the expectation of an experimental album after GOYB.

I think NLOTH will be for no other reason than it seems to be a length for a single

Back
Top Bottom