What was the first song you heard on the radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
What was the first NEW song you heard on the radio, besides GOYB? My local radio station, Philadelphia's WMMR, is doing a 'U2 weekend' in anticipation for the album's US release on Tuesday. I'm currently listening to Magnificent. :drool: I've been listening since I got off work at 10ish and it's the first new song they've played.

I think I heard Get On Your Boots... I have Sirius too... but unlike when I was 16 driving around in my car listening to radio, now it's the age of the iPod.

And when I turn on the radio, you hear the same 20 songs every hour.

Don't really hear music anymore on radio or MTV. Got to find it yourself.

In my country No mainstream radio will EVER play some other song from new album besides singles.
Actually,they've even stopped playing Boots already...

I barely listen to the radio, but I did listen in the days following GOYB's release and the leak, but I haven't heard anything, not even Boots.

Unknown Caller was being played quite a lot on a local station this week. Sounded great on the radio. Boots is now #6 on the top requested songs on a Burlington/Montreal Alternative radio station, which is nice to see.

And when I turn on the radio, you hear the same 20 songs every hour.

Don't really hear music anymore on radio or MTV. Got to find it yourself.

:lol: . . . too true

My radio listening is generally dictated by the 3 little purple people I seem to have hanging round my ankles most days :lol: . . . so was very pleasantly suprised to hear 'Magnificent' yesterday on 'their' station :up: . . . but radio play of new stuff is pretty much non-existent :sigh:

< misses the early days of radio actually being the first port of call . . . the endless lying by the radio obsessively flicking between stations in the vain hope of stumbling across your favourite artist and if you had a push button station tuner, well, you were just the ants pants :lol:

am entering oldfogeysville territory I know, but all this instant access to stuff, I dunno it just seems to lose that glorious sense of anticipation when you know you can have whatever you want at the touch of a button . . . *jumpsofsoapbox* :reject:

My local station, 92ZEW has played the entire track list for the last 2 weekends. I heard Boots first when it was released, but its hard to say which one is played the most.
I've heard Moment of Surrender the most. All 7 minutes of it. :hyper: I don't listen to the radio that much except on the way to work and back, running errands, etc. Breathe is another track I've heard the most during the week.
My local station is loving the entire album, and are playing it all this weekend too.:up:
They have also been giving away the album - before it's released, all this past week.

Back
Top Bottom