What? U2 best of 2000 -2010??? Possible hoax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
I just read this on u2valencia.com. I don't know all of it, because I can't read any Spanish: I think the article says that there will be a next greatest hits release in may and no album with only new material...:hmm: I hope this rumour is not true. The article doesn't mention any source with a link.... :crack::ohmy:

U2 publicará The Best Of 2000-2010 en Mayo de 2011
Autor U2Valencia

martes 28 de diciembre de 2010 a las 09:22

Nubarrones acerca del lanzamiento del nuevo disco de U2. Los planes del grupo pasan por lanzar U2 The Best Of 2000-2010 para el próximo mes de Mayo de 2011, antes del regreso de la gira 360º a USA.

Las nuevas canciones no han terminado de convencer al grupo y Paul McGuinness ha decidido que es el momento para sacar un grandes éxitos con canciones de la tercera década de U2 (Stuck In a Moment, Walk On, Vertigo, Miracle Drug, No Line On The Horizon, The Saints Are Coming..)

Afortunadamente, habrán 2 canciones nuevas dentro del recopilatorio, una de ellas "Boy falls from the Sky", perteneciente al musical de Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark.

Who can translate this??

from google translate:

U2 The Best Of 2000-2010 published in May 2011
Author U2Valencia

Tuesday December 28, 2010 at 09:22

Clouds on the launch of the new U2 album. The group's plans go through to launch U2 The Best Of 2000-2010 for the month of May 2011, before the tour returns to U.S. 360.

The new songs are not finished to convince the group and Paul McGuinness has decided it is time to release a greatest hits with songs from the third decade of U2 (Stuck In a Moment, Walk On, Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Not On The Line Horizon, The Saints Are Coming ..)

Fortunately, there will be 2 new songs in the compilation, one of them "Boy falls from the Sky", from the Spiderman Music: Turn Off The Dark.

clouds on the launch! :lmao:

Well, that is a clever prank, gotta give 'em that... sounds like the kind of thing that actually would happen!

that's the big issue with them releasing a best of 2000-2010.

they've painted themselves into a corner where if they want to keep up the continuity, they'll just be releasing no line on the horizon+vertigo and city of blinding lights.

+ Elevation + Walk On = still lame comp.

But, honestly, if they're going to do this, they need to bite the bullet and admit that they fucked up 1990-2000 and put Beautiful Day and Stuck on there regardless. A 2000s best of without BD is like a Thomas Dolby best of without She Blinded Me With Science.

If there would be anything like a Best of 2000-2010 it would have these tracks for sure:

Elevation
Walk On
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
Original of the Species (Single Version, maybe)
All Because of You, probably in some remixed form
Get on Your Boots
Magnificent
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Window In the Skies
The Saints Are Coming
maybe the Sgt. Peppers performance with Paul McCartney at Live 8
+ some 2 new songs

Ha, I remember that now.

This was determined to be a hoax, right? How about we lock up the thread.

Tracklisting for Best of 2000-2010:

1) No Line On The Horizon
2) Magnificent
3) Moment of Surrender
4) Unknown Caller
5) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
6) Get On Your Boots
7) Stand Up Comedy
8) Fez-Being Born
9) White as Snow
10) Breathe
11) Cedars of Lebanon
Bonus Track: City of Blinding Lights

All of these tracklistings make me think of how lame the past decade has been in comparison to the one that came before.

Throw in Electrical Storm, Window In The Skies, fix the 90s disc by saving BD and SIAM for this collection, and slap the newly finished Mercy on there and you'd have a collection that would likely be better than the commercial release of the 90s disc. Still, that's not saying much.

Just proves that they squander great songs for nonalbum releases and then (at least this past round) forget to put singles on the album.

I'd say that NLOTH (the track) is good enough to be considered a nonalbum addition to a best of the 00s, like The First Time was for the 90s.

All this makes me wonder if their big talk about being prolific is being vaulted for the time being so they can have a sure fire best of 2010-2020, much like the stones did with their releases from 1975 and onward through 83. Start Me Up sat on the shelf for years before completion. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking though (as is wishing U2 ever releases anything before 2013 at this rate. Sigh)

1 Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
2 Magnificent
3 Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
4 In a Little While
5 Glanstonbury (Previously Unreleased)
6 Get on Your Boots
7 Window in the Skies
8 Mercy (Previously Unreleased)
9 Unknown Caller
10 City of Blinding Lights
11 Vertigo
12 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
13 The Saints are Coming (Featuring Green Day)
14 All Because of You
15 Original of the Species
16 Walk On (Single Edit)

only in interference can we dream up whole tracklistings based on a complete hoax... :cute:

1 Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
2 Magnificent
3 Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
4 In a Little While
5 Glanstonbury (Previously Unreleased)
6 Get on Your Boots
7 Window in the Skies
8 Mercy (Previously Unreleased)
9 Unknown Caller
10 City of Blinding Lights
11 Vertigo
12 I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
13 The Saints are Coming (Featuring Green Day)
14 All Because of You
15 Original of the Species
16 Walk On (Single Edit)

Geez. This one won't trouble the royalties department at Universal.

Are we sure it's a hoax? Sounds like something they would do...promise multiple new albums and then just dump off another best of.

Back
Top Bottom