What my friend had to say about WITS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Bomb was underated.... I listen to it over and over and it has some great stuff.... if u2 continue were they kicked of with the last album i will be pleased... They are better than what u guys give them credit for.

MrBrau1 said:

Was he not alive in 2004?

Vertigo was as rock as anything they've put out.

All Because Of You might just be their heaviest song ever.

Oh crap...not over here too Brau!

MrBrau1 said:

You're from Jersey and you're deaf?

Oh lordy.

Hey Brau, did a family member or something work on "Bomb"? Is this like a sticking up for your little brother thing, even when you know he stole the kid's candy?

RobH said:

Hey Brau, did a family member or something work on "Bomb"? Is this like a sticking up for your little brother thing, even when you know he stole the kid's candy?

dude, you're from Jersey.

you're from Jersrey.

You were born in New Jersey.

MrBrau1 said:

dude, you're from Jersey.

you're from Jersrey.

You were born in New Jersey.

Yes Mr. Brau. You have successfully identified the locale of my birth. I'll give you my astrological sign too if you'd like.

I also see you've stopped arguing the merits of your flawed conclusions. But perhaps you're listening to the latest Ethel Merman release.

RobH said:

Yes Mr. Brau. You have successfully identified the locale of my birth. I'll give you my astrological sign too if you'd like.

I kid. I love Jersey. My first love was from Jersey. Spent ALOT of time in Asbury, Sea Bright, etc.

RobH said:
I also see you've stopped arguing the merits of your flawed conclusions. But perhaps you're listening to the latest Ethel Merman release.

Perhaps you should be busy looking up the latest Hillary Duff album.

Being she's young, hip, young, and youthful.

All that matters in good music.

Sorry, good ROCK music.

The last two albums have been a bit of a worry in that U2 are starting to do a lot more softer songs. ATYCLB and HTDAAB were never going to take the band to new levels of creativity and invention, allow Edge to play the guitar like he is in fire and record really good rock songs. (or as Edge might put it "great rock n roll)

WITS does have a Beatles-eque type of sound and I can respect that, but when you have songs that are constantly overrated like Stuck In A Moment, Walk On, Miracle Drug, Hands That Built... then it's a concern that U2 keep turning out these soft songs, that are quite bland and boring to be honest. In ym view, Stuck In A Moment has to be one of the worst songs by U2 in years as it lack the excitement, raw energy, soaring vocals, great guitar solos, soundscapes etc they are so well known for and it doesn't have the emotional connection that the ballads have.

I am worried by this move towards mediocrity and this stripped down sound, it lacks the energy and vitality that were a signature of the bands for so many years. It just sounds like they have run out of ideas and WITS just sounds like a rehash of some of these songs over the past 5 years.

The problem is that U2 are keeping it safe, they don't want to alienate the mainstream/majority of fans that they lost during the 90s and this means any albums in the future we be different version of ATYCLB, just like HTDAAB was a slightly heavier version of ATYCLB but had a lot of similarities. I think this is ashame and a worrying sign for the future.

Back
Top Bottom