What Kind Of Fan Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Optimist Or Pessimist?

• The Glass Is Half Full; Early 2009 Release date, Tour starts before the Winter

Votes: 211 80.2%
  • The Glass Is Half Empty; Late 2009 Release date; Tour doesn't start until 2010

Votes: 52 19.8%

• Total voters
I know. It sucks when a band (member) is right about a release date.

I would have been more confident in Bono's prediction had he actually mentioned a release date instead of "we're going to mine for songs on the moon and crash land sometime next year, I guess" or whatever the fuck he said.

They didn't have a date back in September. Plus it would be seen as Bono hype anyway, date or not.

"But early next year people will be able to start hearing what we’ve been doing. We want 2009 to be our year, so we’re going to start making an impression very early on" Sure sounds like Spring/early 2009 release, with a January single, and the usual tour start in March.

They didn't have a date back in September. Plus it would be seen as Bono hype anyway, date or not.

"But early next year people will be able to start hearing what we’ve been doing. We want 2009 to be our year, so we’re going to start making an impression very early on" Sure sounds like Spring/early 2009 release, with a January single, and the usual tour start in March.

I didn't believe him, point blank. I figured 6 months from September would be a logical place to have another delay. It's not as if he's earned any credibility.

Of course Bono doesn't have any credibility. He's "only" a member of the band we're talking about here. How could he be right about anything concerning the new album? Of course, fans have much better chances of knowing anything.

:shrug:

Of course Bono doesn't have any credibility. He's "only" a member of the band we're talking about here. How could he be right about anything concerning the new album? Of course, fans have much better chances of knowing anything.

:shrug:

With some things, though, the fans are more right than Bono. We know HTDAAB isn't punk rock from Venus. :shrug:

"punk rock on Venus" is a reference to the Bomb before Lillywhite came along, not the finished album. :yawn: Shocking as it may be, different people describe music differently.

Back
Top Bottom