What Kind Of Fan Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Optimist Or Pessimist?

• The Glass Is Half Full; Early 2009 Release date, Tour starts before the Winter

Votes: 211 80.2%
  • The Glass Is Half Empty; Late 2009 Release date; Tour doesn't start until 2010

Votes: 52 19.8%

• Total voters
2 to 1 for the Optimistic crowd so far, very interesting although not altogether surprising...

:happy: Cheer up Pessimists! oh wait....

You know what the best thing about being a Pessimist is? You are always prepared for the worst so if things don't go well you are prepared and if things do go well you are pleasantly surprised.

I find as I get older I am actually getting less pessimistic which is odd since I had always thought it was the other way around :slant:

You scofffed at that Edge interview too - if you don't believe band members...

I completely believed Edge was telling the truth......from his perspective in JULY. There was plenty of reasons to scoff at that interview, the major one being that information in magazines is always outdated. But no, Edge is always the frank one, much more so than Bono, and I believed him, but just figured that what he was saying was irrelevant to the here and now.

I completely believed Edge was telling the truth......from his perspective in JULY. There was plenty of reasons to scoff at that interview, the major one being that information in magazines is always outdated. But no, Edge is always the frank one, much more so than Bono, and I believed him, but just figured that what he was saying was irrelevant to the here and now.

see there's your problem, Edge is a liar...

I personally am a 'glass completely full' person at the moment, at least regarding U2.

I'm praying for a tour in 09, as they're probably not going to come down under for a while, and I'm travelling in 09, so I'll be able to see them in the US/UK. If they wait till 2010 to tour, then I'll just have to pray that they haul their asses back to Telstra Stadium asap! :pray:

So I'm gonna be glass half full for the moment!

The album will be out this November. November 2008. Mark my words

You are suggesting the band is trying to surprise fans with a November release? Don't you think that if they release it in November instead of 2009 fans will accuse them of rushing the album out for sales if there are production or song problems? Why would the band risk that response after Pop?

You are suggesting the band is trying to surprise fans with a November release? Don't you think that if they release it in November instead of 2009 fans will accuse them of rushing the album out for sales if there are production or song problems? Why would the band risk that response after Pop?

and if they release it in fall of 2009 then fans will accuse them of taking too long and overproducing the songs making them lose their spontaneaty and spark such as happened with bomb. Too long in the oven

Releasing an album after two solid years of recording is rushing it out? Seriously, U2...just put the damn thing out already. I'm sure it's fine.

No matter what U2 do, people will complain

November = Selling out
Early 2009 = Over Producing
November 2009 = Selling Out and Over-Producing

I cannot believe the option, "He's eating onions, he's spotting dimes, I don't know what the hell's going on anymore!" isn't here for me to vote for.

Releasing an album after two solid years of recording is rushing it out? Seriously, U2...just put the damn thing out already. I'm sure it's fine.

They had three years to record Pop and it ended up rushed. :shrug:

My point is the band would be setting themselves up for this criticism, deserving or not, if they say they'll release it next year but end up putting it out in November.

and if they release it in fall of 2009 then fans will accuse them of taking too long and overproducing the songs making them lose their spontaneaty and spark such as happened with bomb. Too long in the oven

Yep. They should release it in the middle of the year. Then they could start the tour in late winter 2009 with a Pacific leg.

Yep. They should release it in the middle of the year. Then they could start the tour in late winter 2009 with a Pacific leg.

lol. why not release it in February or March? Why does it have to be the middle of the year? So confused.

lol. why not release it in February or March? Why does it have to be the middle of the year? So confused.

Record Company would probably want to push it down through the year as much as possible. A mid year release means that it could stay in the charts long enough for Christmas, then with a well timed november/december single could climb a lot; less chance of that with February

I think giving them six more months from the November release could mean another song or two makes it onto the album.

I think that they have been working on songs in France. It's pretty evident that they have I think, just by the information we have. Bono playing the tracks back etc. Lets say that they took a month off before deciding to release it in 2009. Everything was supposed to be set and mixed in Sept/Oct for the Nov release. They can have everything set and mixed in Jan or Feb for a Feb or March release feasibly. That would give them an extra 3-4 months in the calendar year of 2008 and part of 2009. My guess is they will try to aim to finish before Christmas and New Years etc. so they can have it wrapped up, spend some time celebrating with their families etc. and then prepare for the year of U2 as they want it to be.

That would give them about 3-4 months to work it out. I think that easily can result in a song or two.

Back
Top Bottom