What if the new album.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toscano

Refugee
.....was only sold in Wal-Mart a la AC/DC's new album, would you still buy it ?

I know there's a lot of Anti-WalMart people here

Of course I would buy it.

But the principle of selling a major, brand new U2 studio album (not the Target-only U27 or whatever) only at one place probably (hopefully?) goes against even McG's money-making schemes.

Of course I would buy it.

But the principle of selling a major, brand new U2 studio album (not the Target-only U27 or whatever) only at one place probably (hopefully?) goes against even McG's money-making schemes.

I do have to admit that I found the Target promo CD stunt a bit strange. (though I loved the music on the disc) I'm glad it didn't lead to any further commitments or agreements because I think U2 is better than that.

I'd buy if it even if it was sold exclusively through John MCain.

The reason the album keeps being delayed is because they're recording "clean" versions of every song...exclusively for Wal-Mart!

I live in a small city in Kentucky and have a limited budget. 75% of my shopping is done at WalMart. If it weren't, I'd be doing without a lot of things, simply because I couldn't afford them. Wal-Mart may be evil incarnate, but it's an unfortunate necessity for some of us.

As it stands, I'll be buying the album wherever it's the cheapest. That usually ends up being Circuit City.

I live in a small city in Kentucky and have a limited budget. 75% of my shopping is done at WalMart. If it weren't, I'd be doing without a lot of things, simply because I couldn't afford them. Wal-Mart may be evil incarnate, but it's an unfortunate necessity for some of us.

As it stands, I'll be buying the album wherever it's the cheapest. That usually ends up being Circuit City.

Same here. The price of elitism is too great for me.

Same here. The price of elitism is too great for me.

It has nothing at all to do with "Elitism". I think it has more to do with making an exclusive deal with one company for the sake of raking in the big bucks. At least thats MY pet peave about the deal (if it ever happened). I could care less about what Wal-mart looks like or who shops there.

I can't speak for everyone else on the board.

It has nothing at all to do with "Elitism". I think it has more to do with making an exclusive deal with one company for the sake of raking in the big bucks. At least thats MY pet peave about the deal (if it ever happened). I could care less about what Wal-mart looks like or who shops there.

I can't speak for everyone else on the board.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the album, I was talking about the groceries.

OK wait, I'll try

What if the new album could be sold to you only if you'd appeared on national TV (during the superbowl?) naked?

OK wait, I'll try

What if the new album could be sold to you only if you'd appeared on national TV (during the superbowl?) naked?

Dude, chill, it was a hypothetical question, is someone forcing you to play under threat of walking through a room of scorpions naked while appearing in the superbowl and having your testicles shaved by a blind man with a machete ?

Dude, chill, it was a hypothetical question, is someone forcing you to play under threat of walking through a room of scorpions naked while appearing in the superbowl and having your testicles shaved by a blind man with a machete ?
No, I actually was frustrated with another random thread with no info in it, but I earnestly changed my mind and I think this could be a fun thread to measure our anticipation for the next 14 months while we wait for the album to come out.

So, I would buy it from walmart, but be really pissed, and i would appear naked on national tv for it if that was the only way to hear it (that is, if i couldn't download it) but not if it was the only way to buy it.

also, i don't have testicles, so i can't answer that, but no blind man is getting near my groin with a machete for anything less than a billion dollars.

edit: ok i'd take half a billion. less if the blind man proved himself a sufficiently skilled shaver-with-machete beforehand.

see i'd be willing to compromise my morals..

oh wait, that's a good point. if it were the only way to hear it full stop, i'd buy it from walmart, but if u2 were actually big enough sellouts/aholes/whatever to sell exclusively through walmart, i wouldn't feel bad illegally downloading it.

and what about people in countries with no walmart?

Yeah, I've heard about this thing called an "interweb". I've never seen one, but it's supposedly a series of tubes that you can use to download music or something.

Well, for the first time ever I was planning on downloading it anyway just to show my pissed-off-ness at McGuinne$$'s desire to tax my interweb tubes access - That'll really get him....

Yeah, I've heard about this thing called an "interweb". I've never seen one, but it's supposedly a series of tubes that you can use to download music or something.

You mean you don't have to pay for music? :ohmy:

Well, for the first time ever I was planning on downloading it anyway just to show my pissed-off-ness at McGuinne$$'s desire to tax my interweb tubes access - That'll really get him....

yeah that works

"Screw you Paul I'm gonna show you how much I hate your idea of making me pay for illegally downloading music by illegally downloading and not buying it!"

yeah...buying it would be the best way to discourage him from trying to get that idea going :wink:

Back
Top Bottom