What exact versions of each song is on U218?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I presume somebody has bought the album at this stage. I was wondering what version of each song is on the album and how long is easch track. Im wondering if its worth buying. Im hopeing for the single versions of pride and streets.

Can somebody fill me in on this info?

Thanks

good answer...I'd like to know as well, not that I won't be buying anyway haha.

your question is obviously not worth answering since your username is nonsense

also, I haven't even bought U218 yet

Is there any sensible intelligent people that would like to answer the question I asked? I would appreciate that.

Ok, seriously now guys. Dont joke about 04072511. Its my lucky number. :|

I dont know if this will help, but on U218.com they have a clip of each song plus a live/remix version. I guess the first clip of each song is whats appearing on the compilation.

U2 18 Singles has the album versions except:

New Year's Day (single edit version)
Streets (single edit version)
Walk On (the one called Video version on my CD single)

Pride is NOT the extended single version.
Elevation is NOT the soundtrack/single version.

well that's just silly.
elevation isn't the single version?
what are they smoking over at the U2 camp? that version a. rocks so much harder and b. is the one that got radio play... (so the non fans -- aka the people buying this cd -- will think it sounds strange)

ah well. just think its strange.

It's called U218 Singles and it's not going to have the single versions for all those with variations?

Not to mention it's still in question which Walk On we're seeing.

Clawgrabber said:
well that's just silly.
elevation isn't the single version?
what are they smoking over at the U2 camp?
Exactly, what the fuck.

Edited Streets, again. Inexcusable, even if you had to leave off another song for space constraints. That's bad enough, but then to include the album version of Elevation....come on boys.

I think that the album version of Elevation is much better then that Lara Croft single mix.
And what's wrong with the single version of Streets? At least, we can hear The Edge vocals in the background.:drool:

I prefer the album version of Elevation (I love the "Bono Rap"!) but it amuses/annoys me that the album title is SINGLES yet the cuts are clearly not.

U2girl said:
They were going for the songs that were singles, not the single versions.

Ah, revisionist U2 again... Let us change the past! Pretend there were no single edits... crafty.

i pretty much agree with you all....so am i a sucker for still going out to buy this thing? i really want another Bono handprint in the booklet to complete the set.

Aygo said:

And what's wrong with the single version of Streets? At least, we can hear The Edge vocals in the background.:drool:

"I like the sound of my own voice
"I never give anyone else a choice"

There's no excuse for fading out the end of Streets when it's such a great song. It's like 10 fucking extra seconds :huh:

Danny Boy said:

Actually, not.

I've listened to the single version and the U218 version of Streets with my headphones just to be sure.

Edge's vocals are MIA on U218.

Yeah, it's not even the Best Of 1980-1990 version, U2 took the single edit and went out of their way to remove Edge's vocals.

Back
Top Bottom