What EBW and NS could sound like (full band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hey guys.

I posted this in the setlist party yesterday but I wanted to make a seperate thread for everyone to find these instead of being buried in the setlist party. While looking over youtube I found these clips made by a U2 fan in Sweden that has added music to the first version of NS and the first version of EBW to make it sound like full band versions of the songs live. Give a listen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wap_eBUJO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jpFaCYMaTo

I think he did a great job making this. I was really surprised by North Star. Enjoy the clips.

North Star is so...so happy. Like, I seriously can't be sad while listening to it. It's like :hyper: converted into audio form.
Good job, random Swedish fan.

I always thought that NS had potential. This experiment proves it.
EBW sounds well here too, but after the descriptions we read about the song, I imagine it being very layered and dense in the studio version.

Gee Swan269, that's very impressive. What a cracking song North Star may be once the final studio version is released - can't wait. Bravo!

Adam and Larry better watch out, this is very impressive, particularly North Star, makes me want to hear the proper full versions even more.

North Star :drool::heart:

EBW was well-made too, but not quite to another level like NS here.

Wow, North Star is great. Every Breaking Wave is good too. After hearing these and that Bono impersonator's cover of "Glastonbury", I'm worried the real songs won't measure up when they're finally released.

Wow, North Star is great. Every Breaking Wave is good too. After hearing these and that Bono impersonator's cover of "Glastonbury", I'm worried the real songs won't measure up when they're finally released.
Are you serious?
Come on, they're fan-made.

Well Done! North Star is perfect. Maybe they should hire you to produce their next album.

Two beautiful songs... This has made me very excited, the stripped acoustic versions are just a bit boring and ragged but even with a little bit of atmosphere added they come completely alive. I can only imagine how stunning the studio versions will be...
Well done to whoever put these together!!

Wow, North Star sounds amazing! The synths in combination with the echoing stadium sound create a great atmosphere and space. Thumbs up for the Swedish guy! :applaud:

North Star sounds absolutely beautiful. Actually, I liked it so much I listened to it twice in the car on the way home ;)

I really can't wait to (hoping we do) hear a studio version that sounds something similar.

Every Breaking Wave is also great!

This will be so upsetting if this version of NS is better than u2's :lol:

Haha North Star sounds so good, now I'm afraid I'm going to like this version more than the version U2 will release:wink::wink::wink:

I´m the Swedish guy... Thanks all of you! The experiment was never planned, just heard the full band in my head, just had to try it out. A friend uploaded it on Youtube, and you guys found it.. Not planned, but why not.. Well, I´m pretty sure none of us will be dissapointed to hear the real versions by the one and only U2. My versions are not silly attemts to beat them.. In the meantime I´m writing own material, on my own, I just left lazy a band project. I can let you know when some is finished.

I´m the Swedish guy... Thanks all of you! The experiment was never planned, just heard the full band in my head, just had to try it out. A friend uploaded it on Youtube, and you guys found it.. Not planned, but why not.. Well, I´m pretty sure none of us will be dissapointed to hear the real versions by the one and only U2. My versions are not silly attemts to beat them.. In the meantime I´m writing own material, on my own, I just left lazy a band project. I can let you know when some is finished.

Fair play to you dude, you did a stunning job.

yet another talented musician from Sweden! :up:

Back
Top Bottom