What EBW and NS could sound like (full band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope they get that version out there soon :up:
Agreed. :drool:
EDIT:
I´m the Swedish guy... Thanks all of you! The experiment was never planned, just heard the full band in my head, just had to try it out. A friend uploaded it on Youtube, and you guys found it.. Not planned, but why not.. Well, I´m pretty sure none of us will be dissapointed to hear the real versions by the one and only U2. My versions are not silly attemts to beat them.. In the meantime I´m writing own material, on my own, I just left lazy a band project. I can let you know when some is finished.
You, sir, are awesome. :applaud:

I prefer the swedish guy's version. I don't know why The Edge doesn't vary more with his guitar work lately. I'm starting to get to a point where all these chimes and the typical delay guitar doesn't say anything to me. It almost sounds anonymous... if we didn't know it was The Edge.

should also bear in mind that the studio version - assuming we get to hear it - could be much more layered with synths and whatnot.

I want Edge to nix those chimes and go back to acoustic strumming. Keep it strung out sounding, with some synths layered over it and very minimal Larry Mullen Jr.

Sounds like they're taking it in a Walk On direction tho. Can't say I'm surprised.

I know I am way in the minority here, but I really don't care for either version by the Swede. I know that U2 would throw everything but the kitchen sink at these songs, but the stripped down acoustic versions sound better. Bass does matter (more to me than most, I suppose), and I'm sorry, the Swede got it wrong twice. Overboard, methinks.

I see U2 doing EBW more like She's a Mystery To Me - keeping the acoustic (and giving Bono a few rhythm chords) and slowly ramping the song up. But it sounds better just one guitar and and vocals - it's a simple song, no need to complicate things.

I did like the synth on the Swede's NS, but again, bass does matter, and it just wasn't quite right. NS is a song that could use the full band. The rehearsal full band sounded okay, but pretty standard (dare I say boring?) Again the poignancy of both songs is retained in the plain acoustic versions, anything else is overdramatization.

goat

The guitar is really lazy. Not a terrible song, but Edge need to try again. It's like he doesn't know what to do anymore, gets bored and does some chimey thing and thinks, "eh, good enough. Where's my iphone?"

Back
Top Bottom