Waves of Sorrow stinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:

Mofo, ASOH, Mysterious Ways and Fast Cars are probably my favorite songs.

What is ig'nant, some new super cool way of saying ignorant. :wink:

Ah, you forget to, ahem, put the 'duper' after the 'super' but I'll let it go....

This time.

I'm nt too hot on it either. I think I've listened to it twice since I got the CD.

Window In The Skies though... man that songs sucks butt.

wolfwill23 said:
I don't know if this is a work in progress or considered a finished song. But...it stinks. If this is the new direction they're going, I'm scared.

Enough with music about Africa. PLEASE! And enough on the nose lyrics. Bono is best when he's singing in metaphors. (So Cruel is a GREAT example of near perfect, metaphor-type, picture painting lyrics.)

So go ahead and start your bashing. But deep down inside, you know in your heart, that this song is no where near the quality we got from U2 pre-2000. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Bash away.

Peace.

If you're gonna do it, you should do it right.

shart1780 said:
I'm nt too hot on it either. I think I've listened to it twice since I got the CD.

Window In The Skies though... man that songs sucks butt.
see this is what i dont get, why on earth bring a totally different song into the conversation? isnt this thread supposed to be about wave of sorrow? but yet you decide to once again use it as a chance to bitch about windows in the skies?

Windows was a awesome song imo.

Anyway back on topic, i think if bono's vocals are half as good as waves of sorrow's on the next album we are in for something special.

Well, I tried to give this thread a chance to keep going, but I don't think it's going to work.

Sorry to the people who did actually contribute discussion about the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom