Volcano - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like Zooropa and don't care much for POP but that's preference. The way you find Parts of Volcano to be laughable is how I find:

Daddy's gonna pay
Baby face
Somedays are better than others
Miami
Mofo

Just to name some to be laughable. My point being that as I think U2girl stated, there are some fans you don't want to like the album and for me, you are one of them.

Not a knock on you as clearly you would prefer I don't like an album because that would mean it's more in your taste.

With regard to your 2000's choices, I find the chorus of ink now caller to be one of the most embarrassing of the decade. Again, matter of taste.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Part of me wants to be mature, and appropriate with regards to what you said.

But the much louder, much more real and much better part of me wants to let you know that Mofo and Miami are infinitely better than the dross that is Volcano.

My point being that as I think U2girl stated, there are some fans you don't want to like the album and for me, you are one of them.

Not a knock on you as clearly you would prefer I don't like an album because that would mean it's more in your taste.

Wait, what?

Who are you and what have you done with Reasonable Kramer?

Why would you not want a fan to like this album just because they don't like a particular song? I don't think Zoomey wishes you didn't like Pop or Zooropa, I didn't get that read at all. Don't you think you're reaching just a bit here?

And frankly, MOFO and Volcano don't even belong in the same sentence. It's not even close. Not even in the neighborhood.

Should I therefore hate SOI also, will this make people feel better about liking it?

:huh:

But the much louder, much more real and much better part of me wants to let you know that Mofo and Miami are infinitely better than the dross that is Volcano.

And that's fine, it's where we differ. I find Miami to be one of if not their worst song. It doesn't do anything for me and the whole "Miami My Mammy" is beyond embarrassing. As for Mofo, while the beat is nice it too doesn't do anything for me as it sounds like noise to me rather than musical bliss if you will and the mother suckin rockin roll doesn't resonate with me.....at all.

Perhaps it is my tastes that are not in the "norm" around here but alas....that is why they are mine.

I hate SUC with a passion. Wish it never existed. I don't feel the same about Volcano though I am willing to say that it's the weakest track on the album. But when it comes on, I don't purposely skip it like I did SUC.

I think SUC is possibly the worst U2 song ever but I also think Volcano is one of the top 3 tracks on SOI. Opinions I suppose.

What's with the distaste for U2girl?

What's with the distaste for U2girl?

I actually think it's disgusting mods allow a forum member to be butt of the joke for a group of people.

It's like some demented playground bully tactic.

Volcano is not a great song by any means. I'd still wager many a band would be quite proud of it though.

I thought Glastonbury was better, but I think the song is OK. I cringe when I hear the chorus—I wish it weren't so over the top. It could've benefitted from a distorted, whispering vocal, but what do I know. My kids absolutely ADORE the song. Know every word, sing it at top volume.

Not my favorite song off the album, but it is lightyears ahead of Glastonbury to me. The prechorus is my favorite part.

Volcano is not bad. I much prefer it to Stand Up Comedy or Boots for sure! Volcano gives me an INXS vibe musically and I picture Bono in Zoo leather for some reason when I listen to the song. It is nowhere near my favourites from this album but it is a nice little track in the middle. The least appealing song for me on SOI is still California.

Not my favorite song off the album, but it is lightyears ahead of Glastonbury to me. The prechorus is my favorite part.

When Bono broke into that "You are .... you are" line last night I was screaming: A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE! :lol: It's still so present for me. Glastonbury was a bit embarrassing, but fan at the same time. Volcano is so much better.

Glasto was absolutely horrendous song, I´m happy that it didn´t sneak in more than that intermezzo before last chorus of Volcano. Even that is more than enough.

Apart from that Volcano is a fantastic song.

Being a glastonbury regular when i first heard the song on youtube,i must admit i bloody loved the song and i even sent a recording of the guitar riff to my mate. Was that just me????

I did enjoy the simultaneous scream/guitar bit in Glastonbury's intro. Even if it sounded like something a teenage garage band might do. U2's late-career foray into a garage rock sound (ABOY, SUC, etc) has produced has some, uh, charming results.

Back
Top Bottom