Volcano - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we can all just chalk this one up as a gentlemens' misunderstanding this time, right?

PS. Though I quoted your post I'm not directing this as an attack on you personally. Just seems like a misunderstanding all parties can just laugh off.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You just better be concerned about the fact that you made a lot of "Fat Bono" jokes and he may very well have read them :)

If he develops an eating disorder....it's on you!!!!

Yeah, and I think it comes full circle back to Volcano. What I liked about the ABOY demo is that it had more air to it and didn't feel overpolished. The album version of ABOY is just a damn shame from the lyrics to the production. Volcano, while a fun rocker, doesn't feel like the band overcooked it. They could have easily crapped all over this song in the final minutes trying to get the big single, but instead they let it breathe and stopped messing with it.

Yes, exactly how I feel. The band has had a problem knowing when to let things be (especially in the 00s), luckily it seems they're getting better at this.

Aweeee how cute, like clockwork.

Lets see who's next :cute:

Sent from my ass crack

AlienatedElementaryJanenschia.gif

i'm actually really starting to like this song.

Except the chorus. Same with "Iris". Bad chorus

Same here, for both of these songs. Each one I would have liked a lot more, but then the chorus comes along. :uhoh: Volcano I'm getting used to though, and it's not bothering me as much as it did, so the song got better for me after multiple listens. Sadly Iris has had the opposite effect. The more I hear it, the more I feel the chorus sinks it for me. :(

I kind of see the elevation comparison...both one word titles..both feature Adam...but volcano is much less pop and more rock. And Bono is not singing through his nose on Volcano like he did on elevation. Volcano is a bit darker also..big difference between being elevated and blown. God did I just say elevated and blown?:lol:

Great song! I thought it sounded cheesy when I first heard it but it is very far from that, I now love it, especially the opening bass line. Great song to have on whilst driving!

Volcano is what Glastonbury wished it was. I'm glad they found a far superior home to that guitar riff. Volcano is one of the first tracks in a long time where I feel U2 sound like an actual band playing together in close proximity.

Volcano is what Glastonbury wished it was. I'm glad they found a far superior home to that guitar riff. Volcano is one of the first tracks in a long time where I feel U2 sound like an actual band playing together in close proximity.

Only bad thing about Volcano is that random 70´s Glasto riff. Everything about Glastonbury was wrong. That song should have ended forgotten in trash forever :doh:

Been listening to this song more and more and it's continuing to grow on me and I liked it from the start.

With regard to the Elevation comparisons, I kinda of get it but this song is lyrically stronger(much stronger) than elevation.

I am a big fan of Elevation, its that type of song that makes you want to open your windows and turn up the volume. It is full of energy and its one of my favorite off of ATYCLB and of all their songs (not top 10 but it's up there).

With that said, I really don't know what the fuck the song is truly about and I'm sure its open to inturpretation. Some of the lyrics are very questionable(mole diggin a hole) but they are forgivable because the beat is kick ass.

Volcano is easy to understand and more to the point, we know what the song is specifically about. It's the anger/ not giving a fuck about anything because of having heavy shit put on you....who cant relate to that in some way. I actually really enjoy the chorus and I think it's going to go over great live. His voice sounds so young and full of energy, I am a big fan of this song!

I also LOVE the bridge with the Glastonbury guitar. I'm currently rating it an 8 on the Cosmo U2 song scale, which is very good.

This could change but boy, I do enjoy this song and thats with 3 weeks gone by and over 80 spins....still early though.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Still digging this song.

Is that clapping I hear along with the drum beat right before the chorus kicks in?

No hate here for Vol-Ca-nooooooooooooooo.

Might be a monster live.......might,

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

This song is Stand Up Comedy / elevation bad... It's hilarious.

I forced myself to listen to this song with a friend of mine who likes U2 and we couldn't keep a straight face during the chorus. It's that fucking bad.

This song is Stand Up Comedy / elevation bad... It's hilarious.

I forced myself to listen to this song with a friend of mine who likes U2 and we couldn't keep a straight face during the chorus. It's that fucking bad.

You are someone who dislikes their 2000 output. Do you like Pop and Zooropa?

You are someone who dislikes their 2000 output. Do you like Pop and Zooropa?

Of course I like Pop and Zooropa. Who doesn't?

To say I don't like their post 2000 output isn't totally accurate. I could probably put together an album of songs from the four albums that I like.

... In fact, I'm bored so I'll do it right now.

Beautiful Day
In a little while
One Step Closer
No Line on the Horizon
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Fez
Cedars of Lebanon
Sleep like a baby
The Troubles
Invisible

There you go. Those are 11 songs that I either really like or I think are pretty good even if I don't listen to very often.

Of course I like Pop and Zooropa. Who doesn't?

To say I don't like their post 2000 output isn't totally accurate. I could probably put together an album of songs from the four albums that I like.

... In fact, I'm bored so I'll do it right now.

Beautiful Day

In a little while

One Step Closer

No Line on the Horizon

Moment of Surrender

Unknown Caller

Fez

Cedars of Lebanon

Sleep like a baby

The Troubles

Invisible

There you go. Those are 11 songs that I either really like or I think are pretty good even if I don't listen to very often.

I don't like Zooropa and don't care much for POP but that's preference. The way you find Parts of Volcano to be laughable is how I find:

Daddy's gonna pay
Baby face
Somedays are better than others
Miami
Mofo

Just to name some to be laughable. My point being that as I think U2girl stated, there are some fans you don't want to like the album and for me, you are one of them.

Not a knock on you as clearly you would prefer I don't like an album because that would mean it's more in your taste.

With regard to your 2000's choices, I find the chorus of ink now caller to be one of the most embarrassing of the decade. Again, matter of taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom