Volcano - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a really cool song. I am happy with this one. It reminds me of a more polished song that could have been on Boy, War, or even The Unforgettable Fire.:love:

The "You are rock n' roll"-part shouldn't be good. It should be so bad. Yet it is sooo good. What the hell is happening?

The more I hear it, the more I dig it.

It's the slightest, silliest thing on the album, but fuck it, who cares?

Personally, I think this whole song is about a regretful early sexual experience...listen to carefully.

This might sound strange, but as soon as I could imagine myself rocking out to this at an airport (after my second listen) I knew that it had to be top three.

See also: "Elevation," "Vertigo," "Boots."

It's the token silly rock song. I haven't decided if I like it or if it annoys me.

I declared it my favorite on first listen. It still is (10 listens later). It is kind of silly, isn't it? It might be the only silly song on the record. And yet somehow it doesn't seem silly. It seems awesome.

I agree with the silliness but I would say that it’s an irresistible silliness… and yet with credibility.
Musically it’s u2 at its top. One more with great work from the edge, especially on the chorus.
Deserves to be a single.

Not my favourite song on the album, but I dig the ''Been out in the wild, Been out in the night, Been out of your mind, Do you live here or is this a vacation?'' parts.

I agree with the silliness but I would say that it’s an irresistible silliness… and yet with credibility.
Musically it’s u2 at its top. One more with great work from the edge, especially on the chorus.
Deserves to be a single.

It's one of those rare tongue-in-cheek tracks that could of easily gone wrong but doesn't. There's no BS. They totally nailed it.

Good song. I love it's placement in the record, after "Song for Someone" and "Iris" it is a great rocker and fun song. Has a bit of cheesiness of course, but not the kind of cheese like "Vertigo" or "GOYB". For some reason, i don't know, "Volcano" gets away with it.

Mr. Clayton shines :up:

Random observation--does Yoko Ono make an uncredited appearance on background vocals about 40 seconds from the end of Volcano?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom