Unknown Caller appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMP

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Maybe the best song on the album....

lmao that's what every thread says.. :lol:

But I do love this song as well. :up:

Love how the chorus chanting manages to be jarring and robotic yet emotional and human at the same time. Edge's best solo on the album.

I'm totally digging the whole UC thing...to be honest, it sounds like an acid trip to me...total 'Alice in Wonderland.' I imagine Eno slipping them something...and then 48 hours later they wake up and don't know what the hell happened...all the while they were running around shirtless playing the drum kit, pounding-out killer guitar solos, and chanting, with Eno running tape the entire time.

hmm, i totally love the idea of Unknown Caller being the segue into Streets :hmm:

but i totally LOVE this song, its so different and awesome, I wanna say its my favorite on the album but there's alot of strong contenders, which of course, is a GREAT thing

It's like U2 meets Pink Floyd (something that happens a lot through this album.) And while PF is not one of my favs, this works really, really, really well in this album. Amazingly well.

It's like U2 meets Pink Floyd (something that happens a lot through this album.) And while PF is not one of my favs, this works really, really, really well in this album. Amazingly well.

:love::love:Hey!i did also felt a PF feel to the edge's solo,:drool: i do like P floyd, but this song its just fucking amazing

funny you should mention floyd, i think Fez sounds alot like Sorrow by floyd

i was waiting for this tune though, surprised to hear all the guitar in it, i guess they want it to play wel live, which is great

hmm, i totally love the idea of Unknown Caller being the segue into Streets :hmm:

but i totally LOVE this song, its so different and awesome, I wanna say its my favorite on the album but there's alot of strong contenders, which of course, is a GREAT thing

What a great idea. They have to do this.

The absolute best song on the album. The solo is just, well words cannot describe how it makes me feel. Take orgasmic and euphoria and mix them together maybe.

Worst song I've heard so far on the album. I'm listening to it now on my earphones at work. I can't believe its U2. It sounds like something from Tommy The Musical.

Worst song I've heard so far on the album. I'm listening to it now on my earphones at work. I can't believe its U2. It sounds like something from Tommy The Musical.

Can't believe it after 30 years...what an indictment! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom