Unknown Caller appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just occurred to me how cool this is going to be live. Picture it...Edge is gonna be pretty busy with that guitar that just goes on and on throughout the song. So I can see Bono out "at the tip" doing the whole chant with the crowd, now that's gonna be amazing, talk about ur show moments.

yes, yes ,yes
i am with you.

but for me it is the best song on this fucking album. :drool:

great stuff. i cannot get enough of this song. :huh:

Yep, best on the album, so far. The Hands That Build America + I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, taken up to another level.

Great song.

I'm totally digging the whole UC thing...to be honest, it sounds like an acid trip to me...total 'Alice in Wonderland.' I imagine Eno slipping them something...and then 48 hours later they wake up and don't know what the hell happened...all the while they were running around shirtless playing the drum kit, pounding-out killer guitar solos, and chanting, with Eno running tape the entire time.

LOL.... that's as good an xplanation as any 4 how unbelievable that song is...

After two listens to the album I wanted to choose one song that I wanted to hear again. After some doubts I chose this one...

:wave:

(But now 'Crazy' is playing and I dont want to turn it off! :ohmy: )

My fav song so far and the one I was most anxious to hear from the beach clips

I love the opening lines

this song is so good. Such a weird concept, and somehow it's simultaneously haunting and uplifting. If that even makes any sense at all.

gorgeous :drool:

Love the harmony vocals in the chorus- have been waiting to hear the full song since the clip in Lanois' 'Here Is What Is'

AMAZING SONG...up there with MOS and Breathe for me.

It's incredible, so many things going on. Love the way it comes in with the "sunshine" part, then explodes....haunting chorus.:drool:

upon my second listening, i really thing this is an amazingly weird song. The chorus is a bit jarring at first. Its got some strange timing going on. The second time I listened I had a huge goofy grin on my face. Its really cool

(lol, wow, instead of typing 'grin' the first time, i typed 'leak' :coocoo: )

Still no listening for me ...
many solo's ??? ... oohh gawd i can't wait when workday is over ..
You're in the same boat as me!!

But I am just leaving the office NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrggghhhh - the commute will be hell - but I am straight home tonight to whack it on - I've cancelled an engagement too - I am sad I know...but I don't care!!!:wink:

Haven't really given the album time yet but unknown caller is a great song. It's the song that I thought was the best of the beach clips and on first impressions could be the best of the album. Edge is actually on fire in this one. Great song.

Great song. The beach clip had me thinking there was more reverb than there really is. In a way, I wish the album version had more reverb on the vocals and guitar - they sound a bit dry here.

I've loved it since I first heard the clips.... knew this one was going to be something special. I'm loving it too along with "Moment of Surrender"

Here's the basic question of the song:

is there actually an "unknown caller" or is the phone malfunctioning?

how you answer that question is your basic philosophy on life, the universe and everything...I like how the song keeps it ambiguous...

Hey, for me its like 'God has taken over this guy's phone and is talking to him on it' Seriously deep stuff..............

Then.........the horns BAH BAH, BAH BAH BAH, BAH BAH, BAH BAH BAH (then Edge on the high E string) Wah Wah, Wah Waaah, Wah Wah Wah da da.

WOW WOW WOW

Oh my gosh, I've wet my pants>>>>>>:ohmy:

Here's the basic question of the song:

is there actually an "unknown caller" or is the phone malfunctioning?

how you answer that question is your basic philosophy on life, the universe and everything...I like how the song keeps it ambiguous...

I like that question... very good. Got me thinking... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom