Unknown Caller appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, the best song off NLOTH and the one I always keep coming back to. :up:

As you can see from my name, Unknown Caller is my favorite from NLOTH. If I had one slight criticism, it would be that the group vocals lack a little punch, and could be better amplified or defined. For me, the ambient intro sets the perfect mood, the "oh oh oh oh's" are the first cry/joyful noise announced in "Magnificent", and the french horn/glorious guitar solo is God's own voice replying to the wounded soul. This song is just so uplifting. It is truly a song of ascent!

Dropped form the setlist for the first time last night in Amsterdam

Shame - this song is a cracker - I'm still waiting to see them at Wembley first night and I hope it is in the setlist.

Not everyone can afford to fork out for 25 shows like some people, this will be my only show and not to have UC will be a blow...not having UF either would also be a shame

Shame - this song is a cracker - I'm still waiting to see them at Wembley first night and I hope it is in the setlist.

Not everyone can afford to fork out for 25 shows like some people, this will be my only show and not to have UC will be a blow...not having UF either would also be a shame

interesting to see the other side of the whole "variety" debate with their setlists.

Agreed - I especially want Unknown Caller. Just hope that they keep Bad and remove something mundane like Vertigo or Walk On

UC will return. They will just rotate certain songs in the setlist more. They cannot play everything all the time.

Yeah I hope so.

I don't care about non rotation of setlists, the majority like me will only be going to 1 show...I'm fanatical about the band but not as much as some people going multiple times.

I've seen U2 5 times now and I've pretty much heard as much of their songs at those gigs to make me happy.

I just want to hear more new stuff played...if UC is played when I see them that's enough to send me home happy.

Another spooky report about this song:

I was at the till this morning paying for food when UC from Milan I came up on my ipod. The total to pay was 3.33.....

I am scared.:shifty:

i love this song!

another spookie....

one night after drinking 1/3 of a 12 pack of beer (after minus two cans) i was peeing for what seemed like eternity (actually it was five and 1/2 minutes plus three seconds) when suddenly i dropped my phone in the toilet. Then it began to ring...

captain_obvious.jpg

Back
Top Bottom