Union Chapel- New album- Listen again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think everyone needs to listen to Union Chapel again...do you realize what this new album will sound like with this voice????????????

I'd love it, though, if they did some acoustic stuff like at that show, though. And maybe then layer in some ambience. I know the double album theory is getting old to a lot of people, but what if one side was all acoustic/piano/ambient noise songs and the other was more rock/classic U2/rich, vibrant, layered, atmospheric songs? All that with Bono's voice the best it's been in ten years. And who knows? Maybe Bono's been reading poetry again! :drool:

the tourist said:
I'd love it, though, if they did some acoustic stuff like at that show, though. And maybe then layer in some ambience. I know the double album theory is getting old to a lot of people, but what if one side was all acoustic/piano/ambient noise songs and the other was more rock/classic U2/rich, vibrant, layered, atmospheric songs? All that with Bono's voice the best it's been in ten years. And who knows? Maybe Bono's been reading poetry again! :drool:

wasn't there an article recently that specifically mentioned something about Bono reading a book of poetry at around the time of the Morocco sessions and bringing it around with him when he travels? It was specific as to the name but I can't remember...eh maybe I'm just imagining things...

i think they need to be careful though with whatever they do acoustically on the next album when going from rock/classic U2 to an ambient, acoustic sound...i think they could easily interfere with the flow of the album, one of the big things I'm looking for in the next album...

oh yeah, btw...I think you mean 15-20 years :wink: (listen to this!! :drool: :drool:)

Rob33 said:

i think they need to be careful though with whatever they do acoustically on the next album when going from rock/classic U2 to an ambient, acoustic sound...i think they could easily interfere with the flow of the album, one of the big things I'm looking for in the next album...

I'm really looking for flow too. That's why I think it would be amazing to do it on two seperate discs, even if it's only 7 or 8 songs on each. So one disc would flow wonderfully with the earthier acoustic songs and the other would be more of a classic U2 landscape.

Rob33 said:
oh yeah, btw...I think you mean 15-20 years :wink: (listen to this!! :drool: :drool:)

It is wonderful.... But I still think it was better in the Lovetown and ZooTV days.

I think you can do acoustic and ambient together - look at The First Time.

ahittle said:
I think you can do acoustic and ambient together - look at The First Time.

Exactly! That's what I meant by acousitc and ambient being together. That and (although it's not acoustic) Running to Stand Still from ZooTV.

:lol: Man, if only one performance of four songs could give me all the happiness I needed in my life.....:sigh:

yes but it is an indication of things to come, especially since it is around the time of recording...and it wasn't just a good vocal performance, it was on another level...and it wasn't just at certain points throughout the gig, it was consistent...

yeah, we need peterrr.....

Ok Im going to repeat myself :)

Here are some proofs about Bonos current voice:

- Bono did hit the HIGH C in "Wide Awake on Bad" several times on Vertigo tour. Also he sang the "Wide Awake" without probelms three times in the song a couple of times on Vertigo tour.

- He also hit the HIGH C in "Don't you look back" on WGRYWH, something he never done before, not even on ZooTV.

- He have never hold high notes for so long like he did on Vertigo tour("Touch" in BD 5 sec, "Sing" in SYCMIOYO 8 sec, "L'amoure" in Miss Sarajevo in 11 sec) and also" Wave" in WOS 10 seconds.

- He now holds the chours in Pride, something he never even did on JT/LT tour.

- One of his highest falsettos ever was done 2006-11-18 on Vertigo when he sang a snippet of Ac/Dc's highway to hell. It was an E5. And on MW he sang the word "Child" with the ZooTV falsetto sound. Togheter with WITS Bono showed that his falsetto is back.

- He realy showed power when he sang the duet with Alicia Keys on the Oprah winfield show when he sang "Keep my AAAAAAAAAAAARMS down below". Now imagine him use that force in ISHFWILF.

- Miss Sarajevo was amazing

- Bono's voice on the pirate song "A dying sailor to his shipmates" is incredible, it realy makes you think of the song "Wild Irish Rose" he did back in 89. He realy has a very deep sound in his voice on that song.

- The "Wave" note in WOF(studio version) is amazing, it got a very powerful sound. I can't imaginie Bono in the 80's to get that powerful sound.

- Bono's sound when he sing a word with an "e" in like in OOTS, "And you feeeeeeel" is very beuatiful. In the 80's and 90's he couldnt get this sound.

- Also the sound he get in "Feel" in Vertigo is also another good example on how he was able to sound in the 80's.

- Also he has devolope his operatic voice, he had it already in the 80's, most of us call it Kermit sound. But on Vertigo he devolope it more and made it sound more poiwerful, just listen to the Opera note in the end of 2006-12-04 - Tokyo - SYCMIOYO.

Utoo said:
:lol: Man, if only one performance of four songs could give me all the happiness I needed in my life.....:sigh:

Well, I listened to it again on my way back after the christmas holidays and I must say it still makes me very very happy to hear these songs performed like that.

I want more!!!!

Peterrrrr said:

- Bono did hit the HIGH C in "Wide Awake on Bad" several times on Vertigo tour. Also he sang the "Wide Awake" without probelms three times in the song a couple of times on Vertigo tour.

- He also hit the HIGH C in "Don't you look back" on WGRYWH, something he never done before, not even on ZooTV.

- He have never hold high notes for so long like he did on Vertigo tour("Touch" in BD 5 sec, "Sing" in SYCMIOYO 8 sec, "L'amoure" in Miss Sarajevo in 11 sec) and also" Wave" in WOS 10 seconds.

- One of his highest falsettos ever was done 2006-11-18 on Vertigo when he sang a snippet of Ac/Dc's highway to hell. It was an E5. And on MW he sang the word "Child" with the ZooTV falsetto sound. Togheter with WITS Bono showed that his falsetto is back.

- He realy showed power when he sang the duet with Alicia Keys on the Oprah winfield show when he sang "Keep my AAAAAAAAAAAARMS down below". Now imagine him use that force in ISHFWILF.

- Bono's voice on the pirate song "A dying sailor to his shipmates" is incredible, it realy makes you think of the song "Wild Irish Rose" he did back in 89. He realy has a very deep sound in his voice on that song.

- The "Wave" note in WOF(studio version) is amazing, it got a very powerful sound. I can't imaginie Bono in the 80's to get that powerful sound.

- Bono's sound when he sing a word with an "e" in like in OOTS, "And you feeeeeeel" is very beuatiful. In the 80's and 90's he couldnt get this sound.

- Also the sound he get in "Feel" in Vertigo is also another good example on how he was able to sound in the 80's.

- Also he has devolope his operatic voice, he had it already in the 80's, most of us call it Kermit sound. But on Vertigo he devolope it more and made it sound more poiwerful, just listen to the Opera note in the end of 2006-12-04 - Tokyo - SYCMIOYO.

:sigh:

Peterrrrr said:

Oh, wow, you make one excellent geek!:up: :up:

Re: Re: Union Chapel- New album- Listen again!!!

Diemen said:

That was one night.

Calm down.

True, but it's interesting he sounded better than any other non-tour performance I've seen since maybe Zoo TV.

I'm intrigued for the next album voice-wise. :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Union Chapel- New album- Listen again!!!

U2girl said:

True, but it's interesting he sounded better than any other non-tour performance I've seen since maybe Zoo TV.

I'm intrigued for the next album voice-wise. :shrug:

Usally his voice isnt the best on non-tour performences. So your right, and still just think how much better he went from Elevation to Vertigo tour 1st,2nd,3rd leg to 5ht leg. So Yes Im pretty sure he is going to be even better then the last performences in London.

Doubtful. They said "POP" on the container, and we all know how he sounded on that one :rolleyes:

He sounds really good on the Across the Universe soundtrack, too, singing I Am The Walrus and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

Peterrrrr said:

Do you watch the 4400?

No spoken words said:

Do you watch the 4400?

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. :bow:

22845379.jpg

does anyone know what the hell kind of note Bono sang on the finale staaaay from that night. I was realy impressed he was already singing all the stays powerfully and high and than the last one he sang it even higher in full voice. That has got to be one of his most powerfull high notes in full voice i have heard from him.

If u watch the video u can see how hard he is concentrating towards the end of the preformance and then he contorts his body to push out that final stay I love it. I love the way Bono realy pushes his voice and is pushing it further and further now while still having control over the notes

I think Peterrr would be the right guy to ask, that is if he has an instrument near him :)

Jdelbove said:
does anyone know what the hell kind of note Bono sang on the finale staaaay from that night. I was realy impressed he was already singing all the stays powerfully and high and than the last one he sang it even higher in full voice. That has got to be one of his most powerfull high notes in full voice i have heard from him.

If u watch the video u can see how hard he is concentrating towards the end of the preformance and then he contorts his body to push out that final stay I love it. I love the way Bono realy pushes his voice and is pushing it further and further now while still having control over the notes

Im still learning how to define notes... need a guitar for that, but dosnt have one at home, sorry :(

But my biggest thought is how high the "Wave" note in the studio version of WOS is.

Back
Top Bottom