U2's new album to be recorded in Vancouver!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my doubts it's happening, but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Vancouver has some advantages over other places. Taxes, lack of professional/family/weather distractions plus they can walk around with little hassle but it's a big enough city for whatever they need. Weather is close to Dublin.

BTW, having the studio on hold for month is probably a $50,000 tab. How many acts throw around that kind of money in 2011?

oh i have no doubt that u2 would consider a city like vancouver... it's a beautiful place, and if i'm not mistaken, didn't they rehearse there for a few weeks before the vertigo tour? they obviously have a liking of the city, and why wouldn't they?

two members of the band just happen to have to be in new york for an indeterminable amount of time during the time that they'd allegedly be in vancouver... thus it makes no sense at this particular time.

it rains in vancouver, rarely does it snow. sheesh, you fail geography.

and what's all this talk about spiderman musical work. not like they have to write music for it now....songs have been locked in for quite some time. they were working on the production and sound effects timing as of late. and not working on the music.

There was a report they were being brought back in to the loop to tweak some musical stuff, with the new delay pushing the opening to February.

and what's all this talk about spiderman musical work. not like they have to write music for it now....songs have been locked in for quite some time. they were working on the production and sound effects timing as of late. and not working on the music.

The latest article suggested there were plot rewrites, and therefore needing them to come in and write new songs.

oh i have no doubt that u2 would consider a city like vancouver... it's a beautiful place, and if i'm not mistaken, didn't they rehearse there for a few weeks before the vertigo tour? they obviously have a liking of the city, and why wouldn't they?

Crew was here for around a month in the arena playing with the stage. Band themselves was less than a week.

plot re-writes bullshit. they had the script down on paper for what, 5 years now?

there's an easy fix: insurance co. pulls out of the deal and the production gets cancelled. no more wasted time.

Plot changes and I think they said something about having a different/new closing song for the ending.

maybe they DID add that love triangle into the mix. and now bono has to write a new 'love in turmoil' song. that would be cool, and the only good that would come of it.

maybe they DID add that love triangle into the mix. and now bono has to write a new 'love in turmoil' song. that would be cool, and the only good that would come of it.

"Youuuuuuurrrr loooooove was like a rock
But now it crumbles and faaaalllllls from my lap
Onto the floor of your souuuulllllll
ATM Machine"

Back
Top Bottom