U218 "Smile" on iTunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majid23

Acrobat
I don't know if this was previously posted, but iTunes has Smile as a track on U218...

Hm, I saw that last night. It's cool that they put up one of these "unreleased"/session songs, but it seemed like they coulda picked something better. While I'm not asking for Mercy (although that woulda been a good way to get it out, as I'm not sure it deserves to be a stand alone single), I have to think they have some better songs sitting around that Smile. That song never did anything for me, sort of the way Are You Gonna Wait Forever and Neon Lights were let downs imo.

Smile isn't on the actual CD release is it?

I got the 28 track version on iTunes last night. It's ok. I have to say I am disappointed especially that they have once again come out with a number of different versions on cd and dvd. I swear they want us all to go broke by doing this! The feeling you gotta have them ALL for your collection! I decided this time, a 3rd "Best Of" basically, and I am only plunking down $14 this time. I've seen the videos, heard the songs, seen the concert footage (Milan) but I still love the music. So I have it on my trusty iPod! :wink:

listened to the cd today...great stuff, one has to admit.

Carek1230 said:
I got the 28 track version on iTunes last night. It's ok. I have to say I am disappointed especially that they have once again come out with a number of different versions on cd and dvd. I swear they want us all to go broke by doing this! The feeling you gotta have them ALL for your collection! I decided this time, a 3rd "Best Of" basically, and I am only plunking down $14 this time. I've seen the videos, heard the songs, seen the concert footage (Milan) but I still love the music. So I have it on my trusty iPod! :wink:

I got the iTunes version too and just made a CD with the three "new" songs and the live ones. So it's more of a U212 than a U218 for me but I'm happy with it. The live Miss Sarajevo is terrific!

Back
Top Bottom