U218 Singles leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Additionally, Walk On is 4:29 long while the ATYLCB version is 4:56.

what a blow job.

thankfully, I already have every version of all these tunes. Making this include all single versions would have made it slightly cool.

Edge singing backup on the single version of Streets is a nice touch.

mobvok said:
Streets is the edited single version, not the version that appears on the Best of 1980-1990.

However, they made sure to take out Edge's backing vocals for U218. :eyebrow:

The bloody bastards

mobvok said:
Streets is the edited single version, not the version that appears on the Best of 1980-1990.

However, they made sure to take out Edge's backing vocals for U218. :eyebrow:

Yes, I noticed that as well. It's essentially the single version but without Edge's vocals, which makes no sense at all.

Chrisedge said:
i know sicy has already said something about this, but i felt i had to because you chose to use one of my quotes.

you know, i'd appreciate it if you didn't take a quote of mine that was completely out of context and paste it in another thread. it's a hard enough job modding this forum when half the people ignore the thread at the top asking to not LINK (note i said link, not ask for anything ever, at all) to commercial material.

it makes it even worse when you decide to go all vigilante and decide you don't like our rules and you are going to bitch and moan about them at every possibility. and you know, that's your right. you don't have to agree with the rules.

but the moment you became a member, you agreed to follow them. you've voiced your opinions plenty of times, and elvis himself has said these are the rules and they are not going to change.

to have you constantly doing petty stuff like this not only doesn't change anything, but also undermines our ability to proper mod this forum. and i'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

Yeah it's different , take from 1:55 Album Version

with 1:53 from Radio , when Begins the "OOh" part

On Album u hear very well a lot of piano/synthetizers thing , doing the orchestra sound

On Radio U hear guitars doing riffs , which u kinda almost don't hear on Album

Could someone please send this new version of WITS my way? Thanks!

amakaxver(at)gmail(dot)com

Why oh why would they not have Edge's background vocals on the track? The first time I ever heard it I flipped out cos it really filled out the song

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know sicy has already said something about this, but i felt i had to because you chose to use one of my quotes.

you know, i'd appreciate it if you didn't take a quote of mine that was completely out of context and paste it in another thread. it's a hard enough job modding this forum when half the people ignore the thread at the top asking to not LINK (note i said link, not ask for anything ever, at all) to commercial material.

it makes it even worse when you decide to go all vigilante and decide you don't like our rules and you are going to bitch and moan about them at every possibility. and you know, that's your right. you don't have to agree with the rules.

but the moment you became a member, you agreed to follow them. you've voiced your opinions plenty of times, and elvis himself has said these are the rules and they are not going to change.

to have you constantly doing petty stuff like this not only doesn't change anything, but also undermines our ability to proper mod this forum. and i'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

I didn't take anything out of context. The quote is from this thread http://forum.interference.com/t103843.html

I didn't do anything vigilante either. I posted my opinion on the matter. I find it completely offensive that you allow folks to "request" commerically available songs here. Esp. when you have a thread titled "Posting/requesting commercially released material is a bannable offence!"

As far as "undermining your ability to properly mod this forum", I've heard from multiple mods and admins, that you can't possibly ever catch everyone that share stuff, yet when ever I post something about this subject (which I've done maybe 3-4 times) Sicy is so fast to defend this site...(Maybe you should spend that time telling people to not request official files)

I'm done...have fun.

Listening to the compilation right now..........already disappointed that "Streets" wasn't the single mix. Why the fuck do you call it a SINGLES compilation when you aren't going to include the single versions?

Wow, same for "Walk On" ........hoping Elevation is the single mix (although I prefer the album track)...........Christ, what a botched release.

Even worse, hearing these sixteen classics together with great sound quality (for the first time in ages since I don't really listen to U2 much anymore) will only make the two new tracks sound even worse by comparioson. :|

Last edited:
How is Mysterious Ways? Is it the AB version or the 1990-2000 Best Of version? (EDIT: nvm, just read through this thread and found that cask had already answered my question on pg. 4)

In any case, would somebody mind sending me a copy of the longer WITS :wink:

Last edited:
Catman said:
How is Mysterious Ways? Is it the AB version or the 1990-2000 Best Of version? (EDIT: nvm, just read through this thread and found that cask had already answered my question on pg. 4)

In any case, would somebody mind sending me a copy of the longer WITS :wink:

they've already said a few times that it was the Achtung version without the changed line.

Back
Top Bottom