U2 video: Recording in Cadiz, Spain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, short fellow with macabre face staring out at the ocean? I wonder if this will turn out to be a dark tune.

Old news, but I'm glad you brought this up for one reason, and that's the inherent accuracy of this prediction:

Possible release date for the single: late september.

If U2 does, in fact, want to stay in their usual Grammy-centric cycle, they will have to release the single by September 30. With all of the recent hype over the leaked tracks, U2 is already in the public consciousness, so they won't need 3 weeks to build hype over the new single. Judging by the current climate, it's not only a legitimate possibility that U2 will have the new single out within the next 3-4 weeks, it's just about guaranteed.

Well there it is !!! NLOTH first single and it sounds like we'll hear it in the next few weeks.

I still think Eze Clip #4 is NLOTH. I'm psyched because I love that clip.:applaud:

listen closely to the chorus lyrics
"No Line ... on the Horizon"
"Only Love ... on the Horizon"

I think the word "horizon" is very audible - 3 syllables

So how unlikely is it that the first single would also be a title song?

I don't see it.

The first single will be NLOTH, that much I can believe.

But I'm not entirely sold on it being the album title. We were informed of Bomb's title much later than August, and before that, the assumed title was Vertigo, which turned out to be the first single.

History repeats itself.

So how unlikely is it that the first single would also be a title song?

I don't see it.

Well...the band has said that people will never get what they expect from U2..or something like that. So why not go against the typical U2 album/single formula and do something like that?

I don't know if I see it either, but the more I think of it the more I believe that they'd do something like that just to mess with us fans and do something different. Time will tell.

The first single will be NLOTH, that much I can believe.

But I'm not entirely sold on it being the album title. We were informed of Bomb's title much later than August, and before that, the assumed title was Vertigo, which turned out to be the first single.

History repeats itself.

I don't think it will or should be the album title either. But if they go by the same "multi word phrase" album title formula that they have on the previous two albums it actually makes sense.

so much for SEXY BOOTS!

Thank god!

well it's still a song that will probably end up on the album haha....probably just a lyric though....maybe a title..who knows...but I'd be expecting some sexy boots in November ;)

Well there it is !!! NLOTH first single and it sounds like we'll hear it in the next few weeks.

I still think Eze Clip #4 is NLOTH. I'm psyched because I love that clip.:applaud:

listen closely to the chorus lyrics
"No Line ... on the Horizon"
"Only Love ... on the Horizon"

I think the word "horizon" is very audible - 3 syllables

I hear that, too. I think it will pretty certainly be a song title, not so sure about the album title.

But somehow I don't see it as first single. Sexy Boots would be the better first single, IMO.

I hear that, too. I think it will pretty certainly be a song title, not so sure about the album title.

But somehow I don't see it as first single. Sexy Boots would be the better first single, IMO.

fuck me if i'm crazy, but how can one have an opinion on a song you've never friggin heard and don't even know, for sure, if it's actually a song?

^ :yes: . . . but the speculation is kinda F-U-N :D and its going to be interesting to come back and re-read some of these threads once the album is f..i..n..a..l..l..eeeeeee released - for what its worth if SEXY BOOTS isn't included somewhere on this new album I'll admit I'm going to be a just a teensy weensy bit disappointed :wink::dancing:

fuck me if i'm crazy, but how can one have an opinion on a song you've never friggin heard and don't even know, for sure, if it's actually a song?

I was basing my opinion on the assumption that clip 4 is NLOTH - which, of course, is only speculation; IF this is true, I more likely see a track like Sexy Boots as a first single. I don't think the song that is clip 4 should be released as first single.

From what I've heard of the song you guys call Sexy Boots I don't think it sounds that great. Not as good as Vertigo.

To me, it sounds like the product of Vertigo, Fast Cars, and that clip from 2006 that ended up being a Strokes song having a drunken orgy.

Well, if you're that girl in your pic next to Eli Manning, then I'm praying that you're not only crazy but a lunatic!!!!

:D

minecam.jpg

don't know who you'll have to pray to...

Back
Top Bottom