U2 To Sell Five Versions Of New Album - One With Almost $100 List Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need the money that bad? Download it from someone here, watch the film on youtube, look at poster in PLEABA.

:cute:

:lmao:

Oh, Mr. McGuinness... I'll definitely be going with regular CD release.

$100 is gouging, plain and simple. No, no-one has to buy it, but that's not the point. This is not an economy to be gouging people in. And if this is a sign of things U2 to come, just wait til we see the concert ticket prices.

I don't need any more books but I would like the DVD as opposed to a download. It's too bad there's not a CD and DVD only option - like there was for bomb. They should at least do something like this through their fanclub.

I don't need any more books but I would like the DVD as opposed to a download. It's too bad there's not a CD and DVD only option - like there was for bomb. They should at least do something like this through their fanclub.

You know what the sad thing is? The "book" is probably along the same lines as the HTDAAB book, and the "DVD" is also probably more of the same. The only thing I remember about that book is that my hand is shaped like The Edge's, and the only thing I remember about that DVD is Vertibanjo. [i.e. they were both pretty pointless]. I remember that the HTDAAB special edition was only about $35, and it contained 75% of what is included in the NLOTH special edition. I agree with other sentiments in this thread -- if you don't want it or can't afford it, don't buy it. But still...are they being serious? $100?

At least the deluxe edition isn't as high priced as the one for Bob Dylan's Tell Tale Signs (that one is $170, mostly for a bonus CD and a hardcover book).
:shrug:

Don't be put off by the $100..after all this is a band that charges to get full access to their website...that's just lame

Guys: "gouging" only is conceivable for items of basic necessity. I.e. gasoline and food. This is art/entertainment. You'll be able to get this thing for probably in the $50-60 range at the end of the day--if you want it. If the product isn't worth the price for you, then you turn it down. If it's worth it, you get it.

Personally, I love special edition options for U2. Because I fucking love U2, and I like special U2 products...even if they cost a bit much. It's a luxury I afford myself only when it comes to this band--I love watching behind the scenes videos, looking at Bono's strange artwork, reading Edge's liner notes, watching the arty Corbijn videos, etc.

Personally, I love special edition options for U2. Because I fucking love U2, and I like special U2 products...even if they cost a bit much. It's a luxury I afford myself only when it comes to this band--I love watching behind the scenes videos, looking at Bono's strange artwork, reading Edge's liner notes, watching the arty Corbijn videos, etc.

You don't think we do, too? I'm a student. I can't afford a $100 box set, even though I would really love to have it. The HTDAAB deluxe edition was pretty much the same thing and it was almost $70 cheaper. That's what frustrates me.

You don't think we do, too? I'm a student. I can't afford a $100 box set, even though I would really love to have it. The HTDAAB deluxe edition was pretty much the same thing and it was almost $70 cheaper. That's what frustrates me.

Yes, but did it come with a poster valued at $70? I don't think so. :tsk:

Of course no one has to buy it, and I'm sure some people here do spend 100 dollars on more frivolous things. But these days it just looks bad and seems like a bad move. Certain perceptions could result, I'm sure they must be aware of that.

I wouldn't buy it. I can make a couple of credit card minimum payments for that much and have a bit left over. Even if I had the extra money I wouldn't buy it.

Well, I know I don't need all of them that is for sure. Just the big one and one of the little ones.

Could be worse... this could of been a Chistmas release and the U2 spending sure could of taken a hit right in the mix with everything else.

I don't see what the big deal is. You can get the album for 10 bucks, if you want more you pay more.

But U2 fans have to find something to complain about.

I saw what you posted before. :wink:

I agree -- if you can't afford it, don't buy it and don't whinge. It's just that the HTDAAB deluxe edition was pretty much the same thing, and it was so much cheaper... I mean, I guess that the DVD might be a bit more substantial than the HTDAAB DVD and the book might actually include some insight into the recording process (and hey, there's always that poster.) I somehow don't think that will be the case, though.

Need the money that bad? Download it from someone here, watch the film on youtube, look at poster in PLEABA.

:cute:

that's what i plan on doing, and i have the money, lol. i'll buy the cd somewhere, but downloading the film somewhere.

The HTDAAB deluxe edition was pretty much the same thing and it was almost $70 cheaper. That's what frustrates me.

Was it?
And since you've been able to compare the two, can you tell us exactly what the contents are of the hardcover book of the NLOTH deluxe edition. And that film on DVD, what are the contents of that one?

Oh wait, skip that. How's the album? :hyper:

I don't see what the big deal is. You can get the album for 10 bucks, if you want more you pay more.

But U2 fans have to find something to complain about.

Totally agree.

And watch the same people that complain about these prizes go to 10+ U2 concerts on the next tour.

I bought the Bomb box set about a year after the album was released from the Amazon marketplace for about half the original prize. I don't have to have everything at once. If I cannot afford something, I can wait. The album is the most important thing right now and I'm sure most of us can afford that.

44 British pounds = 79.6618293 Canadian dollars

googled that one

pay $79 max for the deluxe pack, we should find it at that price on a preorder in Canada (HMV or Sunrise)

Radiohead's deluxe was in that ballpark range too. It did have extra music, but not much else (unless you love vinyl).

Edit: I think this deluxe will be significantly better than HTDAAB's--both with book and DVD. If it's not, then the complaints about price are justified. Although, it's almost a given that Amazon will start slashing the price as soon as the details are announced.

Was it?
And since you've been able to compare the two, can you tell us exactly what the contents are of the hardcover book of the NLOTH deluxe edition. And that film on DVD, what are the contents of that one?

Oh wait, skip that. How's the album? :hyper:

You really think it would be anything more extensive than what came with the HTDAAB deluxe edition? What could they possibly include on the DVD, other than a few band performances or interviews? What could they possibly include in the book, other than photographs, some artwork, and perhaps a few details regarding the recording process? I certainly don't expect a full feature-length DVD or a 200 page book (which would justify the $100 price tag).

:lmao:

Oh, Mr. McGuinness... I'll definitely be going with regular CD release.

:up:

Yeah, no thanks, guys. JT deluxe cost half that much.

I won't be preordering this, actually. It never gets here on the day of release, so I'll probably pick it up at a brick and mortar shop.

Obviously inspired by NIN as regarding the formats.

The $95.00 version is expensive for what you are getting.

Ghosts - Order Options

$75 version.
http://ghosts.nin.com/images/popup_product_deluxe.jpg

$300 version [ltd to 2500 copies]
http://ghosts.nin.com/images/popup_product_ultradeluxe.jpg

You get more for your buck that with the U2 one.

CD for me. :sexywink:

:crack:

Jesus. There is no freaking way I would pay 300 bucks for multi-tracks, photos, and Trent Reznor's signature. Of course, there's also the fact that I hate NIN...

Why are people ready to believe that two days after the album release date is announced that Amazon is already going to have the whole release/pricing plan?

I think it's a crock of shit.

And there's no way and hell the band is going to charge $70 more than last time for a special edition when all it has is a DVD and a poster, or whatever.

If it is true, I will be the first (and loudest) to cry foul. But I don't think it is.

Back
Top Bottom