U2 To Sell Five Versions Of New Album - One With Almost $100 List Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9.99 is cheap.

I personally have no need to have another booklets and shit.
However, I hope there is B-Sides somewhere and that I will buy!

I'm looking forward to it so much!!!!!! :drool:

On Play.com Play.com (UK) : U2 - No Line On The Horizon (Limited Edition Hardback Book) (CD & DVD) : CD - Free Delivery it says that the limited edition set (£44.99 in the UK) includes an exclusive Anton Corbijn DVD as well as a 64 page book, poster and the CD. Sounds like this is the film that was shot in Spain a while ago then.

45 Quid sounds a lot nicer than 100 bucks. With the British pound almost at parity with the euro, that's about 48 euro. Not too bad... :)

book and dvd is, the total deluxe pacakge is worth (to me) about $35. i'm sure the actual sale price will be more like $69 in the US, but the $99 for the list price for so little is absurd.

so much for 'innovative' release. this is really disappointing.

"This version is a deluxe limited-edition-collectors item: packaged in a special box, album CD in a cardboard folded sleeve w/ 36 page color booklet and fold out poster. Box also includes 60-page hard cover book plus an additional fold-out poster and a DVD of the new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2 in a slip case cover. "

There is nothing here that excites me. i'm sure the book will be something like the bomb deluxe book. that is hardly a book, and not worth near a $100.

i have bought everything this band has ever put out, and paid a lot for it all. this crap is getting kind of old, and they need to step up with something worth while or just quit with all this junk.

Great, people are already complaining before the album is even out.

I'm sure the prizes will be a lot lower in the end. And if someone doesn't want any Deluxe Editions, they don't have to buy it.

I don't know what would be "innovative". A digital version? We might have that one, too. But not for me, please, I love physical releases and I love to have something in my hands to look at.

book and dvd is, the total deluxe pacakge is worth (to me) about $35. i'm sure the actual sale price will be more like $69 in the US, but the $99 for the list price for so little is absurd.

so much for 'innovative' release. this is really disappointing.

"This version is a deluxe limited-edition-collectors item: packaged in a special box, album CD in a cardboard folded sleeve w/ 36 page color booklet and fold out poster. Box also includes 60-page hard cover book plus an additional fold-out poster and a DVD of the new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2 in a slip case cover. "

There is nothing here that excites me. i'm sure the book will be something like the bomb deluxe book. that is hardly a book, and not worth near a $100.

i have bought everything this band has ever put out, and paid a lot for it all. this crap is getting kind of old, and they need to step up with something worth while or just quit with all this junk.

Well just buy the CD then?

Wonder if the book will be a similar piece of garbage like what came with the last album

Well just buy the CD then?
I like to have all the available stuff, just because I have since 1987. I would like to see it all, and I would buy it if was somewhat reasonable. This is far and away the pinnacle of how ridiculous the U2 business machine is getting.

my point is simply all that stuff if bought seperately would be $50 max.

Put it out as a deluxe version, and people pay whatever they want.

I have paid $15-25 for all U2 dvds.
$20 for U2 by U2 (much bigger than a 60 page book).
$10-15 for regular cds.

But you package as a deluxe version and its suddenly $100. I realize it will sell for about $80, but its still ridiculous.

As for innovative release, i just wanted more music. Buy the album, and you get several b-sides to d/l. I don't see anything innovative about a dvd by anton. Music videos are innovative?

I won't be buying the $100, and wish that no one would so they cut out this crap. It's insulting to the hardcore fans. They will pay anything, so we can gouge them. I have done this forever. Its insulting when, this package is for only the most loyal, hardcore fans and they absolutely take advantage of it. This is very much a rolling stones move.

How is this really any different than the Bomb deluxe package, that sold for about $35. The fold out poster?

45 Quid sounds a lot nicer than 100 bucks. With the British pound almost at parity with the euro, that's about 48 euro. Not too bad... :)
Mm that's not bad at all! I think I paid around 30 for the complete Bomb package..
I wonder what's on the poster.
No double disc indeed.

Dutch website Bol.com sells the album for 17,99 euros, 1 disc, release date 27 February

bol.com | No Line On The Horizon, U2 | Muziek

Blegh, I hate how expensive new albums are. War, Boy etc etc are available for 8 euros or so now. Only AB and JT are still expensive, and the latest album.

Oh SHIT!

Nog niet verschenen - reserveer een exemplaar Beschikbaar op 27.02.2009

Available feb 27????? O_O

Great, people are already complaining before the album is even out.

I'm sure the prizes will be a lot lower in the end. And if someone doesn't want any Deluxe Editions, they don't have to buy it.

I don't know what would be "innovative". A digital version? We might have that one, too. But not for me, please, I love physical releases and I love to have something in my hands to look at.

no kidding, its a bit ridiculous considering we dont even know all the details yet. how do the complainers buy groceries or pay their mortgage/rent if the mere thought of the deluxe edition price tag is sending them over the edge.

and $14 for the regular cd isnt bad considering this is 2008.

Relax people :cocktail:

$14 is standard cd price here. Target and Best Buy will probably have it at the 9.99 during it's first week released. $11.99 is usually what cd's are on special.

:hyper:

how do the complainers buy groceries or pay their mortgage/rent if the mere thought of the deluxe edition price tag is sending them over the edge.

so you think the deluxe version being $100 is reasonable? (hell i can buy zeppelin's entire catalog remastered in a deluxe box for that price)

Its not a matter of being able to afford it, i'm not worried about that. It's simply they are putting something out- especially designed for the hardcore fan (pretty much anyone on this forum), and absolutely gouging you for it. That doesn't bother you at all?

Of course. Albums are released on Fridays here in Europe. Amazon.de also lists the release date with Feb. 27.

Correction: Albums are generally released on Fridays here in Europe.
Here in Sweden they get released on Wednesdays...at least I think it's still on Wednesdays? We would get it on March 4th 2009 if that's the case. :(

Some of you are bitching about paying $14 for an album...are you kidding me? $14, cmon Big f'ing deal. Get a clue.

Los Angeles (E! Online) – This Horizon is drawing near.

U2 today officially confirmed the title (No Line on the Horizon) and release date (March 3) for the band's hugely anticipated 12th studio album.

Bono and the boys began writing and recording the new disc, the follow-up to 2005's Grammy-winning How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, in Fez, Morocco. Additional sessions took place in New York, Dublin and London.

According to Billboard, the Hall of Fame quartet had initially expected to unleash Horizon this month but decided on the extra time to polish the tracks and complete two last-minute new songs.

U2 initially hired studio wiz Rick Rubin to oversee the recording, but they eventually replaced him with usual suspects Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno, along with Steve Lillywhite. The threesome had variously teamed with the band for such classics as War, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby! and All That You Can't Leave Behind and wound up producing all the material on the new disc.

In an interview last month, The Edge told Mojo the new material "doesn't sound like anything we've done before, and it doesn't really sound like anything that's happening at the moment."

$100. that is ridiculous.
what sucks is that I'm probably going to want it

Then don't be upset at the price. I think the problem with this thread is that so many people here HAVE to have everything the band releases. I took one look at the $100 option, decided it was too much for me, and moved on. To complain about the price of something and to then go out and buy it makes no sense to me. If you feel it's too much money, just don't buy it.

And U2 didn't set the price at $100 because they thought nobody was going to buy it...

Back
Top Bottom