U2 to headline Acoustic X-Mas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KROQ milking this for all it's worth. Then they'll blame U2 for not informing them sooner. Anybody with half a brain knows that Bono won't be in any condition to perform in 3 weeks, or perhaps even 3 months.

Don't let that stop them from promoting it though. And I find it hard to believe that U2 management have told them to keep the booking open. If so, then they should be criticized once the cancellation DOES happen.

Very disingenuous by all parties involved. As if they don't realize that plenty of people bought tickets primarily for U2.

Not to mention that it keeps the scalpers price for Sunday inflated. Nice of KROQ to continue facilitating that.

KROQ isn't that nefarious. Either they haven't heard from U2, or they are desperately looking for a replacement.

A few years back, Incubus canceled. They were not a headliner, rather billed after Blink 182. They canceled days before the show and the replacement Sublime with Rome :)crack: ) was announced almost immediately.

KROQ is very likely working hard to find someone to fill in, preferably someone in the same league as U2 to headline. Worst case scenario they pull a smaller band and have Imagine Dragons or Weezer headline. :crack:

Why not get some sort of very special guest to fill in on the vocals if Bono can't do it? It would be crazy for a tour, but for one festival concert in LA....why not?

The guys from Tears for Fears will be there...maybe someone like Bruce or Eddie Vedder could happen to be in town? Just trying to make the best of the situation here.

Called it...just the wrong city.

I kind of thought about this. What if all the singers from the various bands sang with edge, Adam and Larry as kind of a tribute? Or just get Chris Martin to do it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

HAHAHA…. I was only kidding…. turns out it wasn't that crazy after all!

Tell me about it...No Doubt was added to the Day 2 lineup. KROQ was quick to add that they are not a replacement for U2, as no one can replace U2, but consider me disappointed. I was hoping for a nice surprise. But, I'm seeing the Mac this weekend, we'll see where I stand after that, maybe I'll be able to work something out. Doesn't seem like it'll be as hard to go, should I want to.

Back
Top Bottom