U2 seen filming in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonos quote on One from wikipedia:

It is, in fact, the opposite. It's saying, We are one, but we're not the same. It's not saying we even want to get along, but that we have to get along together in this world if it is to survive. It's a reminder that we have no choice".

If they put some old footage of Bono and Edge just hurling abuse at each other for five minutes onto the inevitable $400 Super Special Deluxe Limited Exclusive Edition, then, SOLD!

If they're recording a new video for One, it would make sense that they played it 20 times, because I'm sure they'd prefer to be performing the song in the video and not just lip-synching.

And right now I'm taking "see the video at the end of the year" to mean "AB remaster coming out at the end of the year" i.e., Christmas.

I don't know - if they were going to use it at Glastonbury, I don't think they'd have said something about "end of the year," they would have teased to something for Glastonbury.

Those indoor shows were great - felt more like a mad party with friends in a place with all sorts of interesting tech and gadgets than a normal rock show when held in the smaller venues. I was lucky that my first ever gig was U2 ZooTV indoors in Glasgow with a friend from school. Nothing has ever quite matched up to that first experience!

Yes I hope they'll use an indoor show.

So they played One about 20 times?? How can they bear to play that song any more, they must be absolutely sick to death of it!! :huh:

And somewhere during this time they were reminded of the fact they've gone from "One" to "Get on Your Boots", "Unknown Caller", "Stand Up Comedy" and "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight".

Tears were probably shed.

And somewhere during this time they were reminded of the fact they've gone from "One" to "Get on Your Boots", "Unknown Caller", "Stand Up Comedy" and "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight".

Nah. They don't whine nearly as much as some of their fans.

Well, If I wrote a song like One, I would not mind playing it 2000 times.

(Worlds best song ever recorded, as it is.)

I tend to agree. I don't know. You can also kind of see it from the perspective that, think about how many times we just listen to songs we love or even just like. I've probably heard many songs many hundreds of times over years, but I haven't got sick of them. Almost the opposite, they become even more special. I'm not saying they never could get sick of some songs, but I think the reason only being that they have played it over and over may not be a problem if they like the song. And I agree that One is right at the top of the list of best songs ever written, and recorded.

via U2gigs on twitter: "So we heard several Achtung Baby song riffs from the Meistersaal today. Lots of film equipment. Not sure what this will become in the end." Sounds like they were playing more than just 'One' :hmm:

No, it was probably more like this:

:edge: Remember when our fans were intelligent and cool?

:bono: Yeah, as much as I love the internet it's really destroyed the audience.

:larry: Fuck the trolls!

:adam: I miss drinking...

I was 30 minutes late. Bono came out around 5, did some video shooting and talked to the few fans who've been waiting there from around 1pm. Two Italian girls who by accident learned the band is in town and two German fans, later to be accompanied by a Brazilian and some more Germans. Adam left rather early, Bono left after spending ten minutes with the people and Larry (not seen) and Edge (who has been seen in the car) left somewhere around 7.30. Apparently went right back to the airport.
Before they moved around town with the green Trabi, also the Trabi was used for some other shooting. We could further see the crew carrying out of the Meistersaal some old furniture, green leather chairs, brown wooden chairs and a brown wooden table, which looked like the stuff from the One video I think. Today Bono sang a bit of So Cruel and apparently other tunes. When I arrived I believe to have heard some guitar part of Mysterious Ways. And some people also said they heard stuff unknown to them.
During the entire afternoon there was also another singer recording, but it was clear it wasn't them.
Bono said, when asked about more shows in Europe or the new album, not this year, but soon.

I was 30 minutes late. Bono came out around 5, did some video shooting and talked to the few fans who've been waiting there from around 1pm. Two Italian girls who by accident learned the band is in town and two German fans, later to be accompanied by a Brazilian and some more Germans. Adam left rather early, Bono left after spending ten minutes with the people and Larry (not seen) and Edge (who has been seen in the car) left somewhere around 7.30. Apparently went right back to the airport.
Before they moved around town with the green Trabi, also the Trabi was used for some other shooting. We could further see the crew carrying out of the Meistersaal some old furniture, green leather chairs, brown wooden chairs and a brown wooden table, which looked like the stuff from the One video I think. Today Bono sang a bit of So Cruel and apparently other tunes. When I arrived I believe to have heard some guitar part of Mysterious Ways. And some people also said they heard stuff unknown to them.
During the entire afternoon there was also another singer recording, but it was clear it wasn't them.
Bono said, when asked about more shows in Europe or the new album, not this year, but soon.

Thanks for the news and update(s). :up:

they did hint at wanting to play NLOTH front to back on YouTube or something like that around its release...so maybe something similar here, just not on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom