U2 seen filming in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Says U2 tour.de...apparently the band was also seen in Trabants.

U2TOUR.DE - Photo

AB remaster work, surely ?
Ah...forgot to add: the filming took place in AB related places in Berlin !
:bow: thank you u2girl!!!

Just posted it in PLEBA. Keep in mind it's just a rough translation, haven't had to use German for years so some things I forgot.

"phonetic-ish" :lol: >>> danka shaunt, GG! :hug:

I'll be really disappointed if there's not at least most of a concert on DVD with the remaster. Would be cool to have an indoor show from the first leg.

Hell, I don't even care if it's another Zooropa leg and is almost the same as Sydney. I WANT ANOTHER ONE! :lol:
THIS! :hyper:
One :wink: could never have too many AB concert vids!!! :drool: (music, visuals and the guys) :lol:

:lol: Another video for the U2 single with the most videos?

Actually, I kinda like it. We're One, but we're not the same band we were when we recorded this album. :hmm:
Oooooo, nice turn of phrase/idea, GG! :applaud:

And Edge just tweeted from Hansa!

36HansaballroomceilingBerlin5-2-2011289744591.jpg

WTF!? I should check u2tour.de more often. Damn!

A few weeks ago I saw a camera team at a hotel close to where I live, and one of the guys looked familiar to me. Thought that was impossible.

U2tour.de also states they were jamming on "other songs" and "unknown material" in Hansa studios during their filming of One...

I think I'm more excited about the remaster than I am about prospective new material...

That makes two of us. A re-release akin to Springsteen's Darkness on the Edge of Town would be a dream come true. Some of those Salome outtakes deserve to have some kind of a release. And since U2 have Achtung Baby a lot in their minds nowadays, it would be a great time to pull off a live performance of Acrobat, eh? It is Bono's favourite after all... If they pulled a Zooropa, Your Blue Room and Scarlet in the last year, Acrobat seems like a possibility.

A man can dream, eh?

djerdap said:
That makes two of us. A re-release akin to Springsteen's Darkness on the Edge of Town would be a dream come true. Some of those Salome outtakes deserve to have some kind of a release. And since U2 have Achtung Baby a lot in their minds nowadays, it would be a great time to pull off a live performance of Acrobat, eh? It is Bono's favourite after all... If they pulled a Zooropa, Your Blue Room and Scarlet in the last year, Acrobat seems like a possibility.

A man can dream, eh?

All of this > new album :reject:

Enjoy your time in Australia!

I am a bit surprised they are making a video for One, re-recording a version seems fairly pointless when the current live version is fairly close to the AB version. Only if they actually added the "hear us coming part" would this be a bit interesting.

However I would imagine that it is very likely they will revisit some AB sessions material to present them in the re-issue, as they did for JT, UF and War. Probably Bono recording new vocals with finished lyrics for some of the "Salomé" outtake tracks.

In any case this should be a very interesting re-issue and it's great they are taking it seriously.

We will see...

Santiago

Well, apparently filming was taking place in the studio as they repeatedly performed one, so that does seem to imply they were making a new video of it.

Yeah, a performance of One in Hansa as some kind of extra for something, or doing some sort of Making Of thing where they're talking through (and playing through) how it or other songs came about, makes perfect sense. I just mean the suggestion that they're re-recording One, or re-doing a 'video of One' doesn't make any sense.

we`re unsure about the details. they played one for about 20times last night, but later in the night they did individual shooting-sessions with each band member - each of them just playing their part. the versions heard are pretty much exactly the one-version from AB, so no extra lyrics what so ever.
my personal guess: they are rewriting the videostory of one, looking back at it 20 years later and how that song proved to be the turning point into the second part of their career.

Who knows they could be doing some recording of NEW material WHILE making some bonus features for the new AB remaster?

I second that ^

A larger drama?

My guess is they are trying to set up the room exactly like it was, play in a circle like they did and splice the new footage with the old and make some kind of bonus material. A now and then type of thing.

Back
Top Bottom