U2 party celebrating finished album in SF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
(from atu2)

According to our staff in the San Francisco area, there was a party for U2's new album Thursday night in Half Moon Bay, California. One of our staffers was told earlier today that U2 would be at Sam's Chowder House, a highly-rated restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean, for an event tonight. On arriving at the restaurant, security wouldn't allow our staffer inside. A restaurant employee, though, later told our staffer that there was a party for U2's new album going on inside. Meanwhile, another staffer called the restaurant and heard loud, U2-sounding music being played in the background while being told there was a private event happening tonight. What we're not sure of is how many (if any) of the band were in attendance. More to come if we learn anything new....

Album release in early 2009.

Digital download, possibly to fanclub members only (though doubtful), in late November.

Album release in early 2009.

Digital download, possibly to fanclub members only (though doubtful), in late November.

I really doubt they're gonna do that; I'd say could go the way of the free song to download before the first single like Coldplay did

(from atu2)

According to our staff in the San Francisco area, there was a party for U2's new album Thursday night in Half Moon Bay, California. One of our staffers was told earlier today that U2 would be at Sam's Chowder House, a highly-rated restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean, for an event tonight. On arriving at the restaurant, security wouldn't allow our staffer inside. A restaurant employee, though, later told our staffer that there was a party for U2's new album going on inside. Meanwhile, another staffer called the restaurant and heard loud, U2-sounding music being played in the background while being told there was a private event happening tonight. What we're not sure of is how many (if any) of the band were in attendance. More to come if we learn anything new....

I have been to Sam's in Half Moon Bay..it's a very nice not overly spectacular restaurant..beautiful views though.
I knew that whole thing U2 of continuing to "write" was BS obviously some things were tweaked that they didn't like as reported by atu2.com earlier and Lanois/Lillywhite mixed the full album..this hopefully sets everything up for the late Jan/early Feb. album release that has been mentioned

I have been to Sam's in Half Moon Bay..it's a very nice not overly spectacular restaurant..beautiful views though.
I knew that whole thing U2 of continuing to "write" was BS obviously some things were tweaked that they didn't like as reported by atu2.com earlier and Lanois/Lillywhite mixed the full album..this hopefully sets everything up for the late Jan/early Feb. album release that has been mentioned

or maybe the U2.com article was behind by 3 months as usual and Bono actually wrote that in early June, haha!

Would be cool if U2 released the new single (digital download from U2.com) on Christmas. Would be cool gift for the fans. And of course include a digital b-side of "Silent Night" with Adam on vocals, Larry on harp, Bono on Guitar, & Edge on wash-tub bass.

so since the RED store isn't set up yet, i'm guessing the new single will be a download on this site. honestly, with them celebrating the new album being finished, i could see us hearing the first single by the end of November or early December!

nowhere does that article mention that the album is finished..

parade. rain.

ok, but let's use logic here. would U2 through a party in San Fransisco because they finished a couple tracks for their new album? the setting and high security indicates a listening party for their new album. they've done this with their last two albums when they were finished.

I guess a double album is out of the question. They are going to save material for future albums. I hope there are at least 12 great songs.

so since the RED store isn't set up yet, i'm guessing the new single will be a download on this site. honestly, with them celebrating the new album being finished, i could see us hearing the first single by the end of November or early December!

They did the same thing in June or July.

They did the same thing in June or July.

where? and why wasn't this story reported? unless you're talking about Bono blasting songs outside his home in France. if that's what you're referring to, these are completely different scenarios.

I'm a news reporter in the Bay Area

just confirmed the private party for ELEVATION PARTNERS. Still waiting to hear if any band members were there.

update:
"Bono and Edge were there"
they spoke for 1.5 hours
"It was fascinating, it was wild," said the place's owner."

just confirmed the private party for ELEVATION PARTNERS. Still waiting to hear if any band members were there.

update:
"Bono and Edge were there"
they spoke for 1.5 hours
"It was fascinating, it was wild," said the place's owner."

Awesome! Good work! :) did he mention any more info about the new album playing and if it was a party to celebrate the completion of the album?

but what does elevation partners have to do with the new album? :scratch: Is it possible this wasn't a finishing of the album party and a celebration of something else? I mean why wouldn't all four of them be there if that were the case. And were Lanois and Eno there?

I am hesitant to believe this fully.. :(

I presume the album is being mastered as we speak. Let's see if U2 suddenly decides the album sucks overnight like they did 2 months ago.

but what does elevation partners have to do with the new album? :scratch: Is it possible this wasn't a finishing of the album party and a celebration of something else? I mean why wouldn't all four of them be there if that were the case. And were Lanois and Eno there?

I am hesitant to believe this fully.. :(

i hear ya. but the fact that a restaurant employee confirmed that the party was for their new album makes me feel pretty good about the article. this probably means that they either heard the new album or saw something written on their restaurant calendar.

The info I have is from the restauant's owner, who was there. This wasn't necessarily a "album is done" party. The album listen could have been a treat for the company at a business meeting.

Back
Top Bottom