U2 party celebrating finished album in SF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im really not supposed to say anything, but i have been holding this top secret" information in for quite some time. I feel like im going to burst..so here goes!!! I have a friend who knows someone's sister that works "in the industry" well anyway she told her ex boyfriend's gay lover, who got pissed off and told her mom that she was a :censored: and also that NLOTH will be released 12/23/08!!!

Not gonna add much but here goes.

A good friend was at the event in Half Moon Bay. As the newspaper account said, it was the annual meeting for Elevation.

They played 2 tracks off of the new album and spoke about the creative / song writing process. Bono and Edge were being interviewed (a la a fireside chat) by a music journalist (my friend didnt recall who the journalist was). They did say at the event the album would be out "in the early part of 2009"

Elevation's limited partners (ie, the people who give Bono and Roger McNamee and the group their money - usually endowments and pension fund managers) were in the room.

Despite working closely with Elevation, my friend is shockingly/disappointingly not a huge U2 fan so he didnt have much detail on the new songs that were played over the PA system other than to say they were "mid-tempo" and sounded "cool".

As an aside, Bono supposedly is pretty active at Elevation - including dialing in to their weekly investment review call on Mondays...even when he is on tour.

The whole thing lasted a couple of hours.

Why do I keep visualising an episode of "The Office" while I'm reading of this business/AGM-type meeting? It's David Brent boring the shit out of everyone during his long winded speech......

Not gonna add much but here goes.

A good friend was at the event in Half Moon Bay. As the newspaper account said, it was the annual meeting for Elevation.

They played 2 tracks off of the new album and spoke about the creative / song writing process. Bono and Edge were being interviewed (a la a fireside chat) by a music journalist (my friend didnt recall who the journalist was). They did say at the event the album would be out "in the early part of 2009"

Elevation's limited partners (ie, the people who give Bono and Roger McNamee and the group their money - usually endowments and pension fund managers) were in the room.

Despite working closely with Elevation, my friend is shockingly/disappointingly not a huge U2 fan so he didnt have much detail on the new songs that were played over the PA system other than to say they were "mid-tempo" and sounded "cool".

As an aside, Bono supposedly is pretty active at Elevation - including dialing in to their weekly investment review call on Mondays...even when he is on tour.

The whole thing lasted a couple of hours.

Thanks, pity your friend couldn't give any details about the new songs.

Early 2009 :up:

And yes, Bono said in several interviews that he's very involved with Elevation, he's a founding member after all, and that there is one day a week where he's spending time on it.

So, here's what I gathered from this whole SF party buzz:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WE DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW!

:ohmy: Sorry, I'll admit that I'm getting quite impatient.

Back
Top Bottom