U2 on Good Morning America March 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, I totally understand what you mean. I've seen them at various events and even ones I didn't attend. So, if security was tight at FU, how'd they do it?

Does it matter? You got to see them too, so why do you care so much? :huh: Perhaps they also won a radio contest? You were incredibly lucky, maybe they were too.

Does it matter? You got to see them too, so why do you care so much? :huh: Perhaps they also won a radio contest? You were incredibly lucky, maybe they were too.

I am very fortunate and very very thankful that I got to go. I'm just curious as to how some people made it in with such tight security. Plus, whenever I show up at a U2 event the same people are always there and get in to places some of us can't.

I think you know me pretty well on here and know I mean no ill intent to anyone.

I am very fortunate and very very thankful that I got to go. I'm just curious as to how some people made it in with such tight security. Plus, whenever I show up at a U2 event the same people are always there and get in to places some of us can't.

I think you know me pretty well on here and know I mean no ill intent to anyone.

I just think it's called "making the right friends" As simple as that.:|

Fair enough. I was just thinking that if I were in your place, I'd be too focused on seeing the band to be wondering how someone else got in. :lol:

I'm really glad you got to go, btw, congratulations. :)

There's a thread in the main EYKIW section with a post that links to a blog that talks about how security let some fans in.

Fair enough. I was just thinking that if I were in your place, I'd be too focused on seeing the band to be wondering how someone else got in. :lol:

I'm really glad you got to go, btw, congratulations. :)

There's a thread in the main EYKIW section with a post that links to a blog that talks about how security let some fans in.

I didn't even see these people there. It wasn't until I got home and watched my taping of that I recognized people.
Believe me, I was focused and took about 80 pictures. :applaud:

I didn't even see these people there. It wasn't until I got home and watched my taping of that I recognized people.
Believe me, I was focused and took about 80 pictures. :applaud:

Ha, I'll bet! I had to leave partway through the show for an appointment out of town. Alas. I'm going to get the torrent and watch the rest of it, though. :)

Ha, I'll bet! I had to leave partway through the show for an appointment out of town. Alas. I'm going to get the torrent and watch the rest of it, though. :)

VP!!! :hug: good to see you. I'm never on here and miss my old pals! I got a few texts saying, "wow, those inteferencers are bitchy!" (not from you!) so had to take a peek. I swear, i won't post again but let's catch up soon!

JCoster, congrats on getting into the show. You are referring to a friend of mine in your posts, and I responded to another thread about how we happened to be at the event on PLEBA, so feel free to browse there for a thorough inventory of my actions over the past week.

I have been to lots of shows and have made amazing friends there--most of them waiting in long lines. Do you think there isn't enough U2 to go around? Can't we all love the music and have a great time, and be happy for each others' adventures? The band seem to like having enthusiastic fans, fans like the band. What a simple equation! So you arrive at the venue in limo after winning a really special contest, and you are seriously preoccupied about how the "DVD girl" got in? Unreal.

Feel free to approach me at a show on the next tour and ask me in person why I am standing in any particular location--can't speak for my friends but it is likely the same story, and maybe your curiosity can be satisfied more fully. I've treated people nicely and fairly at shows, and I just don't get people like you who can't have any generosity of spirit.

Hugs to everyone here that's been part of the fun over the past years, and sorry for the rant. I'm really done.

Viva la tour! :D

VP!!! :hug: good to see you. I'm never on here and miss my old pals! I got a few texts saying, "wow, those inteferencers are bitchy!" (not from you!) so had to take a peek. I swear, i won't post again but let's catch up soon!

JCoster, congrats on getting into the show. You are referring to a friend of mine in your posts, and I responded to another thread about how we happened to be at the event on PLEBA, so feel free to browse there for a thorough inventory of my actions over the past week.

I have been to lots of shows and have made amazing friends there--most of them waiting in long lines. Do you think there isn't enough U2 to go around? Can't we all love the music and have a great time, and be happy for each others' adventures? The band seem to like having enthusiastic fans, fans like the band. What a simple equation! So you arrive at the venue in limo after winning a really special contest, and you are seriously preoccupied about how the "DVD girl" got in? Unreal.

Feel free to approach me at a show on the next tour and ask me in person why I am standing in any particular location--can't speak for my friends but it is likely the same story, and maybe your curiosity can be satisfied more fully. I've treated people nicely and fairly at shows, and I just don't get people like you who can't have any generosity of spirit.

Hugs to everyone here that's been part of the fun over the past years, and sorry for the rant. I'm really done.

:rolleyes:

There was a bit of an emergency at work so I was unable to catch any of the performance but the pictures look great - hope everyone that got to attend had an amazing time

as for the bickering - I've met quite a few of the U2 fans being mentioned here and I'll say that they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet

I've seen the band up close, in the nosebleed seats, and everywhere else in between - each time has been great in part due to the fans I was able to hang out with (with the exception of an unfortunate and traumatic swimsuit incident that was not actually at a show but I digress...). The point being I'd love to see some of the pettiness that dominated this place last tour not happen this time around.

Can't wait to see this tour :hyper:

There was a bit of an emergency at work so I was unable to catch any of the performance but the pictures look great - hope everyone that got to attend had an amazing time

as for the bickering - I've met quite a few of the U2 fans being mentioned here and I'll say that they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet

I've seen the band up close, in the nosebleed seats, and everywhere else in between - each time has been great in part due to the fans I was able to hang out with (with the exception of an unfortunate and traumatic swimsuit incident that was not actually at a show but I digress...). The point being I'd love to see some of the pettiness that dominated this place last tour not happen this time around.

Hear, hear! Much better to celebrate each other's good fortune. :)

:wave:

Nice.:up:

bono's voice was actually really good. magnificent and beautiful day were great versions. people's reaction to magnificent was probably due to many people not having heard the song. bono does need to ditch the falsetto. its been a long time since zoo tv.

bono's voice was actually really good. magnificent and beautiful day were great versions. people's reaction to magnificent was probably due to many people not having heard the song. bono does need to ditch the falsetto. its been a long time since zoo tv.

He did fine on the BBC version, he's just a little under the weather at the moment, so people have been saying. I'm sure he'll be fine on the tour. :)

I'm truly interested in whether Bono is losing any of his vocal range. That said, can anyone show me a progression (like a list of songs/performances through the years) in his voice that indicate he's losing that vocal range.

Is it a situation where he can still hit all the notes in the studio with a few takes, but live is more difficult to replicate? Or has he just lost some of it all together?

Maybe others have been paying a little more attention than me. Thanks.

I'm truly interested in whether Bono is losing any of his vocal range. That said, can anyone show me a progression (like a list of songs/performances through the years) in his voice that indicate he's losing that vocal range.

Is it a situation where he can still hit all the notes in the studio with a few takes, but live is more difficult to replicate? Or has he just lost some of it all together?

Maybe others have been paying a little more attention than me. Thanks.

His vocal range was really high up until 1986... then it fell for JT and Lovetown Tours... it went back up in 1993, but not as high... back down to pitiful places for PopMart and Elevation... and back up in 2005 to the present, probably to a higher point than the first peak (1984). His overall range right now is really, really good... see both performances of Crazy Tonight, which is maddeningly hard to sing. Also, a good example of Bad... the only two tours where he can consistently and cleanly hit the WIDE AWAKE high-c notes every night are TUF and Vertigo, and it sounds much more clean on Vertigo than TUF.

His vocal range was really high up until 1986... then it fell for JT and Lovetown Tours... it went back up in 1993, but not as high... back down to pitiful places for PopMart and Elevation... and back up in 2005 to the present, probably to a higher point than the first peak (1984). His overall range right now is really, really good... see both performances of Crazy Tonight, which is maddeningly hard to sing. Also, a good example of Bad... the only two tours where he can consistently and cleanly hit the WIDE AWAKE high-c notes every night are TUF and Vertigo, and it sounds much more clean on Vertigo than TUF.

Excellent. Thanks for that information. I'll look into those songs.

I've seen that some people don't appreciate when he hits the high notes as much as the other stuff but I quite enjoy it.

the power is definitely there. he just nailed beautiful day. just think its harder for him to hit the really high notes now.

the power is definitely there. he just nailed beautiful day. just think its harder for him to hit the really high notes now.

these guys are used to playing a 9 and 10 at night. to sing in the morning and afternoon like they had to do on gma and letterman is hard for bono.

Back
Top Bottom